Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Dec 13, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #496 of 1,051
asnow.jpg

RIMG0004-3.jpg

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #498 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RIMG0004-3.jpg

Wow! Hey, you know, its the season of sharing.
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #501 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't get much smaller than that... and I can't believe how very good this ultra-cheap, ultra-tiny Sansa Clip sounds (especially the pretty wide soundstage, better than on my Cowon X5 or D2). A perfect combination with the q-Jays.

PB142140-800.jpg

I just noticed that you listen to great music!

Nice setup.

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #502 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filosofem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just noticed that you listen to great music!

Nice setup.

Your nick says it all. Varg Vikernes certainly makes some great one-of-a-kind music... but I guess my statement/joke about sound quality was lost on the majority of readers in here...
smily_headphones1.gif

(BTW, I think the bad sound quality of Burzum albums is somehow fitting to Varg's style - it's just no "audiophile reference" to judge sound quality by, heh...)

Dec 14, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #503 of 1,051
Quote:

Your nick says it all. Varg Vikernes certainly makes some great one-of-a-kind music... but I guess my statement/joke about sound quality was lost on the majority of readers in here...
smily_headphones1.gif

(BTW, I think the bad sound quality of Burzum albums is somehow fitting to Varg's style - it's just no "audiophile reference" to judge sound quality by, heh...)

Good 'ol Varg. He and Euronymous should have made music together. Too bad for that little "incident".
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #505 of 1,051
Quote:

Heh.. they did.
smily_headphones1.gif
Euronymus played some guitar solos for Varg before he... fell down the stairs and got a pit punctured.

To fake being on-topic, here's a pic of my upgraded MylarOne collection...
wink.gif

PC122178-800.jpg

I notice different sizes of sleeves on all those 'phones. Do you have a 2nd set of ears with bigger holes? (sound stage would be a very important factor for you) or do those get shoved in other orifices? (wow, feel the bass!)

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #507 of 1,051
I will post some pictures later of my cheap but very good sounding rig later when I get the batteries charged for my camera.

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #508 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice different sizes of sleeves on all those 'phones. Do you have a 2nd set of ears with bigger holes? (sound stage would be a very important factor for you) or do those get shoved in other orifices? (wow, feel the bass!)

Lol... well, the older models fit my ears best with a big tip on the left and a medium on the right ear. The new ones fit better with medium ones on both ears. The old X3 I don't use at all, and the old silver XB is broken - so the tips are random...

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #509 of 1,051
(BTW, I think the bad sound quality of Burzum albums is somehow fitting to Varg's style - it's just no "audiophile reference" to judge sound quality by, heh...)[/QUOTE]

When it comes to sound quality and the music I listen to... I am cursed.
I listen to mostly Black Metal and most of the recording is absolutely rubbish....
The atmosphere that some of these artists bring into their music is outstanding. To bad that they cannot afford decent production most of the time
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back