What's the soundstage like on that cat?

lol

my cat has too much treble
blink.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #602 of 1,017
Does this make it look any smaller?

smicro3508.jpg

Nov 17, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #603 of 1,017
Yeah, looks pretty tiny to me. How is the "burning-in" going? Does this little amp fill all your expectations?

Nov 17, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #605 of 1,017
My question is where did you get your Sik Ram Din? I ordered the white one today from OWC and to their credit it will be on my doorstep tomorrow but I tried many times to contact someone at Sik but they simply don't answer the phone so I wasn't able to determine when the black one would ship.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x1lexure
That is gorgeous. How much was it?

Does it recharge the battery by itself?

Nov 18, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #606 of 1,017
The Xin SuperMicro3 costs $179 with the choice of case color. It does not have a battery charging circuit (the SuperMicro and SuperMacro do)

http://www.fixup.net/products/

Discussion of the Xin amps is at
http://www.fixup.net/talk

I've had the black SiK Ram Din for some time... it was from their first production run. I also have a white SiK Din.

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #607 of 1,017
As requested...

Click for larger...

Young Fuzz (bear impression)........sitting..........assisted drying.........self dry

"experimenting" with canned air.........after a losing battle vs Doug

Soundstage seems ok, best you can expect from a kitty, ya know? The main issues seems to be with all the scratchiness...

Nov 18, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #611 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by alanz
The Xin SuperMicro3 costs $179 with the choice of case color. It does not have a battery charging circuit (the SuperMicro and SuperMacro do)

http://www.fixup.net/products/

Discussion of the Xin amps is at
http://www.fixup.net/talk

I've had the black SiK Ram Din for some time... it was from their first production run. I also have a white SiK Din.

Wow, I wonder what kind of markup Xin has on that. That just seems like alot, and while I haven't had the chance to look at the part list, I can't possibly see them costing more than $60. (I may be extremely wrong though, so please don't take this as a critique of Xin or his product.) Probably still worth it.

Nov 18, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #612 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh
As requested...

Click for larger...

Young Fuzz (bear impression)........sitting..........assisted drying.........self dry

The first one on the left makes a good wallpaper.

Nov 18, 2005 at 12:10 PM Post #613 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by x1lexure
Wow, I wonder what kind of markup Xin has on that. That just seems like alot, and while I haven't had the chance to look at the part list, I can't possibly see them costing more than $60. (I may be extremely wrong though, so please don't take this as a critique of Xin or his product.) Probably still worth it.

Lol, no Xin is the nicest man you could meet. His amps are 'dear' for a few reasons; They're not cheap toys anyway, he ingeniously stuffs so much gadgetry in small spaces and everyone of his amps is made by his own hands. Parts used are probably nothing, but you're paying for high-tec design and it being hand made.

When you order from him, he doesn't pick one out of a store room, he makes you one. Which is why you can ask for almost any modification.

To further prove his supremity, when hes done with the initial run of the new V.6 SM3, hes going to upgrade and improve older models for free.

He should sign everyone and put a model number on it...

Nov 18, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #615 of 1,017
To be honest I can't remember
icon10.gif

Sometime over the weekend I will cut the female socket off the lead and shorten it with a minijack to leave a cable length of about 1 1/2 inches - and then order another Sik Din for when I need one
wink.gif

Edit: Tho' after looking at Turbo's handiwork I will have to try harder
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back