Pictures of your headphones and source
Jan 20, 2003 at 3:17 AM Post #18 of 257
To view this last pic you'll need to copy this Quote:

into a new browser window and hit enter
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 3:38 AM Post #19 of 257
Well here are the HD600's that I used to own, but couldn't afford to keep at the time. I'm on the verge of buying a replacement pair.

A12.JPG

My favourite headphone as of now...

A13.JPG

And my extension/ER-4S cable. She's a beauty, isn't she! I commisioned a custom-build from another Head-Fi'er.

Adapter.JPG

===========================================

And a photograph that Nik sent me a few months ago just for interest. This isn't my system, but one day, I may just have something this special.
smily_headphones1.gif
Nah, who am I kidding.
tongue.gif

Linn.JPG

Jan 20, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
What are the cool looking blue mini to RCAs, bdb55?

Look at my signature
rolleyes.gif

Here's a link for you:
http://www.boldercables.com/Store.as...s=Audio+Cables

The M-80's are really nice (look good, flexible, well made). I can't comment on the sound, unfortunately, 'cause I don't have any other mini to RCAs to compare them to.

Jan 20, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #21 of 257
Hey joe do you really remember where the hell you hang for the last time the cans you were using the day before????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
This is a mess, man, you really need some help, let me help you out, and clean this place, but don't complain later (sshhhh, I'm gonna move him) OK???? I wish to have just the half of that mess!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 3:56 AM Post #22 of 257
Gentlemen,

the bottom photo by happyman does not only include a pic of what I assume is the Sony R10's.

But sitting below it is the Linn Sondek CD12. The best CD player in the world.

Retailing at a cheap $30,000 with no amp or anything else, just the Player, that is quite simply the best source money can buy, (amp excluded)

My dad used to work for Linn, could get himself one for a fraction of that price, like $8000.

But he says even $8000 is too much to pay for a Cd player, I agree, just FYI

Jan 20, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #23 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon7

Retailing at a cheap $30,000 with no amp or anything else, just the Player, that is quite simply the best source money can buy, (amp excluded)

Isn't it $20k? That's what Nik told me anyway. He has auditioned nearly all of the high-end players, ala Meridian, Cary... And he picked the Linn overall. I'd like to hear how it sounds.
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 6:41 AM Post #26 of 257
damn that cd player is nice lookin, what kind is it? how does it compare to the NAD C-541i?

Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
Well here are the HD600's that I used to own, but couldn't afford to keep at the time. I'm on the verge of buying a replacement pair.

A12.JPG

My favourite headphone as of now...

A13.JPG

And my extension/ER-4S cable. She's a beauty, isn't she! I commisioned a custom-build from another Head-Fi'er.

Adapter.JPG

===========================================

And a photograph that Nik sent me a few months ago just for interest. This isn't my system, but one day, I may just have something this special.
smily_headphones1.gif
Nah, who am I kidding.
tongue.gif

Linn.JPG

Jan 20, 2003 at 9:45 AM Post #27 of 257
Here we go...

Rig1.jpg

Please note that the EQ is NOT being used for the headphone system, but rather it's for extra control over my PC's sound.
wink.gif
As this next pic of interconnects being used for the headphone system shows:

Rig2.jpg

Jan 20, 2003 at 12:48 PM Post #30 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
My wife is being nominated for sainthood for putting up with this mess! My signature is no lie.
biggrin.gif

Warning: This is not a pretty sight!
tongue.gif

My God!! It's like a headphone X-Mas tree!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back