Pictures of the Squeezebox 3 UI?
Mar 3, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I started to put in an order for 2 using the promocode and it seems like it will go through. Now I have to decide whether to do it.

YGPM

Mar 3, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I don't think the Olive has been getting the greatest reviews...

LOL....if you can make me save $ with a Squeeze 3 I'm all for it...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Mar 3, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #18 of 26
You could always get the Squeezebox 3 with all of the mods from Red Wine Audio [including the output stage mods] and forgo the DAC.
evil_smiley.gif

I am leaving out the output stage mods and getting a Lavry myself... but thats going to end up being rather pricey.

Mar 3, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

You could always get the Squeezebox 3 with all of the mods from Red Wine Audio [including the output stage mods] and forgo the DAC.
evil_smiley.gif

I am leaving out the output stage mods and getting a Lavry myself... but thats going to end up being rather pricey.

Can someone be «charitable» and shoot me right now....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

PS. I have the Lavry itch myself pretty bad.

Mar 3, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #20 of 26
hehehe
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still not sure about the mods myself. I think it would be a good deal at $500 if you are getting all of the mods and using it on its own. I'm just not sure if I can justify the $400 cost [digital out mods] for what amounts to a fancy battery power supply [the other mods I could do myself]. I may just try to mod it myself either with a batter PSU or a tread or something.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 26
For those that are interested in buying a Squeezebox 3, the $100 off a purchase of 2 that was supposed to expire 3/1 was still available today. I ordered 2 today and they already shipped. I spoke to their sales department about a group buy and said that the $100 off deal is better than they can do on a group buy of 5 to 10 units.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #22 of 26
According to the Slim Devices web site, the $100 off for 2 deal has been extended to 3/31.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #23 of 26
The Squeezebox is a component I've kept the longest since my stay here on Head-Fi. That should say a lot about it, eh?

I think I've had it for around 4 months now..

PM me if you want impressions of the Squeezebox DAC vs. Benchmark DAC-1
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #24 of 26
Hopefully the Squeezebox doesn't suck as much as the Benchmark!!!

biggrin.gif

Kidding, kidding! Well, mostly anyways. Did your Storm DAC come in yet?
cool.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Well I'm sold... especially after reading the SanFran meet impressions. I am seriously considering that Nokia as well... but will probably use my PS2 in the mean time. As for the DAC, I found a local source for the Lavry.
cool.gif

Where is the store? Do they allow people audition the Lavry?

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #26 of 26
Its in North York... the company is called Pro Audio Canada.

Not sure about auditions. I'm taking an 'educated risk' with this one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back