Pictures of my final home setup
Mar 9, 2004 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Jbroad572

500+ Head-Fier
Well. I've finished my home setup and I'm very happy with it so far. I just have interconnects to make and it's complete, but that's not the meat of it all. Well I just got back to my college room (I go home on the weekends) and go to hook everything up. It all sounds great and I even got a chance to improve my speakers SQ taking some of the knowledge I've gained from here (I had it connected through the output on my tv, now I have it directly connected to the receiver) and it sounds miles better as well. Anyway here are a few pics of my complete setup....
344768ORIG.JPG

Of course the PPA and HD650's
344773ORIG.JPG

My banana stand..... $5 from Walmart
344770ORIG.JPG

The Zu's looking real nice. I was trying to be like rsaavedr and his pics, but didn't quite turn out as nice
biggrin.gif

344771ORIG.JPG

The ppa, the case top is a little rough right now, I have another on the way.
344772ORIG.JPG

My new source, which is serving the purpose very nicely.
344767ORIG.JPG

Oh, no where'd they go? On my head :p and no that is not my reflection on the tv in a fighting stance. It's Jet Li in "The Kiss of the Dragon"
344769ORIG.JPG

That's the final home setup. My Samsung 480p tv, PSB Image 5T speakers (a bit overkill for the room, don't you think? One of the reasons I first looked into headphones and look at me now
frown.gif
), Onkyo TX-8211 stereo receiver, PPA, HD650's, Zu cables, and yes a Kenmore refrigerator, and Toast n wave Microwave :p. Not too bad for an 18 year old college student, huh? The computer setup is not finished yet. I have to wait for the 595's to get here, then I will post my final computer setup (if I'm pleased with the 595's)
Well, just thought I'd post my setup. Thanks Headfi, you guys have been great!

Mar 9, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 21
I like the microwave, how does this microwave integrate in the system synergy....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
man take out htis microwave and put it in the kitchen....!!!!

Mar 9, 2004 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
I like the microwave, how does this microwave integrate in the system synergy....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
man take out htis microwave and put it in the kitchen....!!!!

I don't have a kitchen
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by zombietycho
I don't trust microwaves, so I could never put any of those near each other.

Radiation + expensive things = No good in my books.

Now you've got me scared, I've never had any problems before though, what am I possibly facing? I have no where else to put it though. Eeshk!

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #7 of 21
Well... microwaves work on radiation, to heat your food. But they won't leak any out. Considering you got a decent microwave....

But it's not something that I would really worry about...
Hell man, leave the microwave in... what can beat great sound and hot food?

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
God that is the greatest looking PPA!

Yeah... My jaw dropped. I was like "THAT's a PPA!?! I want it!"

Nice setup dude. Don't forget to study sometimes... :p

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #9 of 21
What do all those switches on the amp do? Or is that just for show?
tongue.gif

This is a nice cozy little setup.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #10 of 21
Bitchin' system. Not bad at all for a college student. Can't imagine what you will have when you actually have some money...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

The microwave really does make the whole visual dynamic for me. How come no shot of what's in the fridge? Or your stockpile of ramen in the off-camera corner?
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
tongue.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Five different levels of bass boost.
biggrin.gif
j/k

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
tongue.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Switches from left to right: Crossfeed on/off, crossfeed high/low, Power on/off, Internal led's on/off, Bass boost. I love the look as though it's very complex.
cool.gif

here are some more pics if interested.
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...&highlight=ppa
I'm sure there will be a lot similar to this one, pretty soon. I know people have been requesting them more now. It's a case from Par-metal.

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
Heh... time to buy an a/v rack.

Not enough room.
Yea I took a pic of the refrig opened, but figure I wouldn't waste anyone's time.

Yea, as far as money, I'm still trying to figure out how I got over $1600 in the past 3 months to buy everything. I hate thinking about that. I'll throw on my cans later on to forget about it.

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #15 of 21
Man you are only 18! Wish had such a setup at that age
biggrin.gif
Congratulations JBroad! One comment, are your speakers shielded? I probably wouldn't worry so much about the microwave nearby, as having the PPA on top of an unshielded speaker. Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back