Pictures of my equipment
Aug 18, 2001 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

briantf27

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, i have to apologize in advance for the LOUSY picture quality here. I'm still figuring out how to use this camera, and I will NEVER use macro mode without a tripod ever again... Better pics to follow. But here you go...

http://www.pbase.com/brian_workstere..._pics&page=all

Brian.

Aug 18, 2001 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 17
Dear Briantf27,

Thanks a million for sharing the images with all of us! They have given me a good picture of what the MG Head DT is like...

Are the feet on the bottom of the unit flimsy? Maybe it's me or your camera but they appear to look like cheap plastic. Perhaps a bit of sorbothane could improve it...

Aug 18, 2001 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by evilcthul
Dear Briantf27,

Thanks a million for sharing the images with all of us! They have given me a good picture of what the MG Head DT is like...

Are the feet on the bottom of the unit flimsy? Maybe it's me or your camera but they appear to look like cheap plastic. Perhaps a bit of sorbothane could improve it...

They are rigid plastic. Not flimsy at all. But, cheap, yes.

Keep your eye out early next week for pictures in better focus.
smily_headphones1.gif

Brian.

Aug 18, 2001 at 1:42 AM Post #5 of 17
Could you take a pic of the MG amp turned on with the tubes glowing? Maybe turn down the lights. It might not come out but if it does it would sure look cool. Without the cage on it of course. I am seriously considering getting this amp for use with my Senn 600's. I would just like to know if the MG head DT ( new version) has about the same audio quality as the Earmax amp when paired with the 600's.

Aug 18, 2001 at 1:44 AM Post #6 of 17
Next week I'll have a new round of pics from inside my cubicle where all this equipment is... Stay tuned.

Brian.

Aug 18, 2001 at 7:13 AM Post #10 of 17
how ya likin' those cat cables man? bit too costly for me, if ever I get around to putting my home system together I'll probably use DH labs BL-1...

Aug 18, 2001 at 4:29 PM Post #12 of 17
Once again, thanks for sharing the pics. I have a pretty similar setup myself...I have the MG Head and the Senns. I wanted to buy the Red Clou Cables but had no idea what they looked like. How do you like the Cambridge Audio and the Cat Cables? I'm in the market for a new cdp and interconnects.

Aug 18, 2001 at 10:39 PM Post #13 of 17
I have never seen the Clou Cables connected to a pair of HD600's, so thanks for showing me that one.

Are the Clou Cables really as easy to install as simply unplugging the existing cables from the HD600's and then plugging the Clou Cables in?

Again, as Audio Addict asked, do they provide a noticable difference in your sound?

Thanks

Aug 19, 2001 at 2:14 AM Post #14 of 17
Answers to a few questions above:

Easy as pie to disconnect the existing cable: just pull at the connections. I never really listened to my Senns with the stock cable, so can't really offer a comparison at this time with the Clou red.

My setup is VERY much to my liking. The silver interconnects are perfect for Senns (IMO), and these Cat cables are "real world" silver cables that give me what I want. The level of detail is outstanding at the price level. The Cambridge D500 SE is a nice unit for the money. No frills, though. Just good sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back