Pics of Senn 650/600 with Cardas Cable?
Feb 4, 2006 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 15
580s.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Feb 4, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Was it easy to change the grills? Did you get any benefit from the metal grils?

Oh man, real easy. Not much harder then attaching the Cardas! Just used a spoon to pop the old grill out.

I don't notice a lot of difference in the sound, but thats not to say there isn't any. The main reason I got them was they were $7 each from Sennheiser and I think the grey grills make stock 580s look cheap.
plainface.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 15
Cause I wonder if they use the exact same drivers as the 600, of course this has probably been discussed before, but I am to hung over to do any searching right now!
eek.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 1:29 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Cause I wonder if they use the exact same drivers as the 600, of course this has probably been discussed before, but I am to hung over to do any searching right now!
eek.gif

They do use the same drivers, but they're more closely matched on the HD 600s. Which leads me to believe that some owners of the HD 580s are lucky to have got 2 drivers which are very well matched, closer than the limit set by Sennheiser.

Besides I reckon my cable upgrade makes my Senns much better than stock HD 600s.

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Oh man, real easy. Not much harder then attaching the Cardas! Just used a spoon to pop the old grill out.

I don't notice a lot of difference in the sound, but thats not to say there isn't any. The main reason I got them was they were $7 each from Sennheiser and I think the grey grills make stock 580s look cheap.
plainface.gif

Man too bad they are no longer available or was it back ordered?

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibo
How did you attach the cardas cable, cos i was thinking of getting a 600/650 second hand at the FS forum.

If your question concern the procedure, the answer is simple: Red is right and black is...yes left. On the phone connectors, you see a Cardas shell. They have to face outwards, away from your head when inserted properly.

As long as you keep to the colour rule, it cannot go wrong since the two pins on each connector are really of different size, and should not allow for insertion in the wrong way without clearly noticeable resistance.

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Man too bad they are no longer available or was it back ordered?

I'm pretty sure I got a couple of the last ones. They had to order one actually. Its odd they've stopped selling them, you can still buy the 600 headphones?

Insertion is as easy as putting a mains plug into the wall. Cardas are the only cable manufacturer who have used their own connectors too, others have used standard Sennheiser ones which have caused problems apparently?

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #14 of 15
The 650 grills are a different colour I believe, plus they're $35 as opposed to $7.

I reckon you could probably persuade Sennheiser to give you 2, but I doubt you'd be paying $7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back