Pics of my rig!
Nov 5, 2001 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jim

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

My neighbor borrowed a digital camera from the university this weekend, so as a celebration of my 100th post, here are some pics of my stuff!
biggrin.gif
Sorry for the bad quality in some of the shots...the camera wasn't very good at taking low-light photos.

edit:
yahoo changed all the image locations so they don't show up anymore. Go to my album there to see the pictures.

Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2001 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 10
hmm all i see are a buncha red x's..

Nov 5, 2001 at 10:23 AM Post #5 of 10
jim,

Nice set up! I like how you designed your cmoy, very neat. Also, what kind of deck is the Denon? Is it a reciever too or just a CD player? What kind of outputs does it have? By the way, what is that piece that you are working on now? I see two pages of 16th notes. Tempo?

Shoots, DKW

Nov 5, 2001 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 10
Hey guys, thanks for the comments!

Pigmode, the combo sounds quite nice actually, especially for classical music which is what I listen to. There isn't much bottom end punch (very little actually), so I don't know if it'd be very good for rock or something. Through my cmoy the AKGs sound a tad dry (low gain, designed for grados), and the Head really makes it more organic sounding.

Artmusic, yeah, it was tricky trying to fit all that stuff in there with the 23 gauge solid core wire! The Denon is the DM-3 minisystem, so it's got CD, tuner, and integrated amp all packed into that little box. It's got 2 sets of lineouts (md and tape), and 3 sets of inputs, speaker terminals, and something they call a "headphone" jack...
smily_headphones1.gif
Overall, it's a pretty nice system. I think the piece I had there at the moment was Chopin's Revolutionary Etude (Op. 10, No. 12). If I remember correctly, it has a tempo of 1/4 note=160, or something like that, but in reality it's not so bad because it's mostly just left hand. Currently I'm working on Op. 10, No. 4, which is really, really hard! At least for me anyways.
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you play?

Peddler, I got used to them after a few days. Putting them in and taking out is a breeze now compared to the white tips. I love how you don't have to worry about insertion depth anymore! I used to get a sharp pain removing the white tips if I inserted them too far. Although not necessary, it still helps if I use a little water, and it makes them seal even better. I guess it's a little hard to see from the picture, but there is that clear plastic tube running from the stem of the er-4 to the tip of the earmold. Hey, how far does your mold go in? I looked at the pictures you posted and they seemed a little shorter than the ones I've got here...the tip of your stem is a lot closer to the tip of the mold. I wonder if that's why I needed the plastic tubes?

Nov 8, 2001 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 10
Yeah, I know it's a horrible place to put my source and amp... I'm having a tough time finding a better place though. The stuff has to be close to my desk and keyboard, but not on my desk because it is too small already. It doesn't fit in the bookshelves either. Sorta at a loss for space around here. Hopefully my living situation next year will be better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back