Pics of my current headphone rig
Jun 29, 2001 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Vertigo-1

Señor Sony
Sorry about the poor picture quality, but my room has horrid lighting...

View

View

View

View

The headphones in the blue foam are the Grado HP-1s, for the new people. Like I said, poor lighting...
frown.gif

Tomorrow I will be flying back home from college, so I wanted to get these up before I left. Reviews of anything are going to come MUCH later unfortunately, if anybody wanted reviews...but I think everything here has been covered pretty extensively before on Headwize already.

Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif
It just might very well be the last time you'll see those 4 headphones together in one pic...
eek.gif

Jun 29, 2001 at 4:48 AM Post #4 of 31
What you see is what I have.
wink.gif
I still have the RA-1, but that's working portable amp duty with me when I fly back home. And...the other two amps are a bit better then it. Ok maybe a lot better.
biggrin.gif

The tube amp is the Audio Valve RKV Mark II...quite a piece of hardware, I dunno why people said it was poorly built. The thing weighs more then my Home and Denon combined and came tightly packed in a big wooden crate.

Jun 29, 2001 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 31
Really?

I think that good old Vertigo may still be the king, he has had damn near every headphone ever made in the history of humankind at one point or another, only to sell them really fast to buy new headphones, only to sell them really fast...

Tons of amps as well

Vertigo-1,

Can can you make a list of all the headphones and amps you own and have own at one point?
Can you even remember them all?

Jun 29, 2001 at 5:24 AM Post #8 of 31
I don't think I could possibly list ALL the headphones I've ever owned...
biggrin.gif

But the good ones I can:

Sony MDR-R10
Sony MDR-CD3000
Sony MDR-CD1700
Sony MDR-7506
Sony MDR-E888
Sony MDR-EX70
Sony MDR-E484
Grado HP-1
Grado RS-1
Grado RS-2
Grado SR-80
Allesandro - Grado Music Series II
Sennheiser HD-600
Sennheiser HD-580
Sennheiser HD-495
Sennheiser MX-500
Etymotic 4S
Etymotic 4P
Beyerdynamic DT-831
AKG K-501
Koss A-250
Koss Portapro
Koss Sportapro
Koss KSC-35
Koss KSC-50

Then for the amps...
Audio Valve RKV Mark II
Headroom MAX
Headroom Home
Headroom Total Airhead
Headroom Airhead (old hissy one)
Musical Fidelity X-cans V2
Creek OBH-11SE
Divertech MG Head DT
Grado RA-1

Then there's the Stax SR-3030 system.

There's more for the headphone list, but those are the ones not worth mentioning.
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2001 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 31
They need to invent an envious smiley, yes they do, an envious smiley i say.....

Jun 29, 2001 at 5:50 PM Post #12 of 31
Vertigo,

I somehow don't remember you ever mentioning the Audio Valve amp. Don't you feel the urge to review it? Come on. Don't you feel it? You can hardly resist. Give into it. Review it! Please.

Jun 30, 2001 at 1:32 AM Post #15 of 31
LOL! That's right Vertigo, it is your civic Head-Fi duty to give us a review of the RKV amp! coughPEERPRESSUREcough
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back