Pics of Home Setups: 56k Warning
Feb 23, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #62 of 119
He's from Finland and he's watching Conan. Perfect!

That's the gold medal setup right now.
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #63 of 119
It's a IMPAMP (www.impamp.com). Suppose to be the "smallest" tube speaker amp...it has wapping 1/w/c:) But it can drive my vintage Bose speakers pretty well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
What is that on top of the Woo Audio?

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #66 of 119
Mixed reactions. Most people think expensive headphones are silly. But they noticed the K701 right away. Its not inconspicuous.

Some people were interested to hear them. One guy (K26P) did not want to hear them so he wouldn't be spoiled. One cube neighbor (crappy sonys) guessed from the looks that they cost $300. The other cube neighbor (PX100) said they were worth every penny. A guy who has a home recording studio commented that he'd have to get a pair.

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #67 of 119
Do they ever ask you to turn them down? Or think that you're blowing your ears out? *Open.... headphones?*
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #68 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
warnsey, I like what your using to hold up your headphones. What is that? Where did you get it??

This thread is giving me great layout ideas.

I made it myself. Just bits of dowel and a 3way pvc joiner. I added the leather just to make it look pretty. The end bits are cupboard knobs
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #69 of 119
I worried about that when I got the HD555. I bought from HeadRoom (30 day return policy) in case my coworkers objected. But they said it was not too loud. So I don't worry about it anymore, any I get no complaints about disturbing others.

However, I do get comments from people who are worried that I'm destroying my hearing. Explaining open headphones doesn't seem to dent this belief.

Feb 23, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #71 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Passover_2002_006.jpg

Note the Cat 5e braided speaker cables! They were great! And despite the seemingly horrible positioning for electrostats, they were near perfect in that position, with the cupboard doors open behind to reduce the reflections.

Dude, put some water in your fishtank
eek.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #73 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayreonaut
[size=medium]Go team Cubicle-Fi![/size]
IMG_04201_Custom_.JPG

How big is that monitor? For some reason, the K701 and the Micro Stack look especially puny compared to it. Must just be the angle.

Feb 24, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #74 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Passover_2002_006.jpg

Note the Cat 5e braided speaker cables! They were great! And despite the seemingly horrible positioning for electrostats, they were near perfect in that position, with the cupboard doors open behind to reduce the reflections.

Goddammit ive never ever been so jealous. The full Quad system is what i aspire to one day own.

Feb 24, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #75 of 119

My two humble headphones (er6 and SR80s) and my iAudio X5 60GB

My whole room rig, with some Altec Lansing 4.1 speakers (not bad), my headphones, my Washburn PG65C amp, Ibanez RG470 guitar, and (Fender?) Starforce Rock Series mini-amp. Oh, and my highly modded computer.

My portable rig from yet another angle.

My guitar rig (including the ZOOM505II pedal)

My guitar rig from another point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back