[PICS] MyTLSK F6 Clones (d25ag tweeters)
Jun 26, 2004 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PooJou

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,
I just designed/had built some speakers recently. (TLSK stands for The Loudspeaker Kit, a respected australian DIY audio outfit, http://www.theloudspeakerkit.com/ind...eluxe&kitid=F6 <- my inspiration). I'm very impressed with the built quality (Thanks Simboo
smily_headphones1.gif
), and thankful that my mathematics actually worked out the volumes n stuff right
smily_headphones1.gif

vifa01.jpg

Shot of the rear, with 66mm port
vifa03.jpg

The VIFA D25AG tweeter and VIFA PW17 woofer in all their glory
vifa05.jpg

My setup, run off a DSE 80wattX2 stereo amplifier.
I need to veneer them soon, when i have time.
All up cost was ~$400 AUS for the speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

btw:

Jun 26, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by soupy
very nice, makes me want to try out a project like this this summer.
cool.gif

What'd you use for your crossover circuit? And of course....how do they sound?
smily_headphones1.gif

Heh, thanks, i used a crossover recommended to me by one of the OCAU audio guru's (ineluki) i'll go see if i can find it.
They sound friggin awesome, if i do say so myself. But i'm coming off Herc XPS510's... and some ye olde homebuilt shonky fronts
smily_headphones1.gif
so yeah, sounds awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

The bass sometimes is a tad lacking (as in, no deep DEEP rumbles) but the placement helped a lot, and they seem to have discovered some bass.
Am debating curretnly whether it's worth it to add a DSE 8" or 10" active sub, just to augment the bass section.

Jun 27, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 4
Wow, that looks similar to Dennis Murphy's New Vifa Tower that I planned on building a while ago and still plan on building eventually. I think the DM plan used an 8" woofer though. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back