PICS INCLUDED:Sony finally dumps Sonic stage - Playforsure NW-A800 released!
Aug 28, 2007 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Veggie_Musician

500+ Head-Fier
1253075398_f1a352e3ef_o.jpg

1253074312_7b35803386_o.jpg

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 18
I have a feeling that the devices will be MTP only (a contrast from Sony previous devices, which are all UMS), and won't have drag-n-drop like the A80x.
frown.gif
Why can't Sony USA just release the plain NW-A80x in the US? And why going play-for-sure? Even Microsoft is dumping play-for-sure, and now Sony is supporting it?

In short, this will be just another failure like previous Sony DAPs. Late, and outdated. Creative is releasing 16GB Zens and new iPods is coming soon.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 18
@pata2001....since when is MS dumping PFS ? Where did you get that conclusion ?
did you notice the Rhapsody - Real - Urge merging a few days back ?

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully atrac is still there. it's a wonderful format. (well i think so)

Me too. Pity Sony did their best to kill it with DRM.

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 18
im hoping for UMS/MTP duality and normal Mini USB plug,

but considering this is sony, probobly going to be sony propietary cable and MTP only, sony did release one UMS player, and those UMS PMP´s in china, so maybe, my hopes have some basis,

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@pata2001....since when is MS dumping PFS ? Where did you get that conclusion ?
did you notice the Rhapsody - Real - Urge merging a few days back ?

Zune.

Aug 29, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a feeling that the devices will be MTP only (a contrast from Sony previous devices, which are all UMS),
and won't have drag-n-drop like the A80x. :

The A80x isn't drag and drop, I wish it was. You can drag and drop videos but as far as music is concerned, you still have to use SonicStage
frown.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #11 of 18
Sorry to be pedantic, what your are talking about isn't drag and drop but MSC for music. Drag and drop is a UI feature in lots of apps.

You can elminate a lot of the grief of SonicStage by only using it for transfers, and use something else to manage your music. I drag folders, files from explorer and drop them onto SonicStage and then transfer it. So I hardly use it. Thats for my HiMD but I'm sure its the same with the A80x.

The main selling point of the A80x for me is that it has decent ergonomic buttons. Its getting hard to get a player with usuable buttons. Touch interfaces are no good when you have the player in your pocket, sweaty hands, or gloves on. I want to be able to use the device as much as possible without looking at it. You can't do that without tactile buttons. Other than that I love the design and form factor. Big enough, and not too small. Dislike the propietary port and would prefer filetree and MSC on it.

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 18
I use playforsure on my ZVM - in windows it shows removable harddrive - I drag n drop into that... so playforsure is drag n drop to me!!!

Aug 31, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #15 of 18
drag and drop for non DRM media, starting to sound decent, the only problem is still that sony decided to put their propietary cable,

***, make it Miniusb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back