Pics from the Needle Doctor Head-fi Meet 7/20/13
Jul 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kvtaco17

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.flickr.com/photos/needledoctor/sets/72157634751184212/

http://bit.ly/HEADHONE_NDR

Links to pics, since the other thread is closed...

It was great seeing everyone, I hope we can do this again soon!

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Wow, great pictures. Love the turntable. Any impressions?

Jul 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 6
The Clearaudio Innovation turntable had a Grado Statement series phono cartridge... I listed to the Primus album "sailing the seas of cheese"  for a while using my ps500's mostly. All I can say is wow, the whole setup was incredible! Lush, warm, airy, detailed, massive... fun, but articulate and accurate!

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 6
had a great time and would like to see this an annual event.

while i'm not a Grado guy, i had a a lot of fun listening to the various beautiful modded species.

enjoyed comparing the JDS stack vs the Schiit mini-stack.  

really enjoyed the Bifrost/Asgard combo.

i wish i would have listened to the Stax Lambdas, but after spending some time with a friend's 007 and 009, i've been trying to avoid Stax and the rabbit hole it engenders all together
smile_phones.gif

i wish i could do IEMs, but was impressed with the local Osseo, MN built Alclair.  

it was really cool to see another B22 there.  loved the steam-punk look that DarthMarth designed.

was really impressed with the LCD3 and HE-500.  while a bit more bass than i like for an all-rounder, they were awesome for most genres.  

loved the RWA and Empirical Audio Off-Ramp with my K701.  the AKGs suck out of a lot of rigs, but sounded sublime here.

i owned a G-Lite and HD650 and HD600 back in the halcyon days of my youth.  it was a blast to hear these again.

thanks once again to Kevin and Kenny, to Bear for driving all the way down from Polaris country, and to everyone for sharing their gears and tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back