Pico w/Dac
May 15, 2008 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

anadin

Headphoneus Supremus
I just want to say the Pico w/Dac I got yesterday is simply stunning.

I am still in awe of its size, the amazing SQ it outputs when running from my laptop is incredible.

If your on the waiting list then hang on, the wait is worth it.

May 15, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #2 of 9
Glad you are enjoying the Pico with DAC. I kept thinking how can something so small sound so damn good. Have fun with your new toy. I'm sure you'll have countless hours of enjoyment with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi all,

Since i've been visiting this forum my listening experience is ever growing
smily_headphones1.gif

But it really need some help. I am thinking of buying a pico amp. My current listening setup is a creative vision m with a sennheiser hd595 and a pa2v2. The improvement with the pa2v2 is already substantial, i really like it, especially since it costs so little.
Will the pico improve my sound alot ? I am a student with not so much money to spend. Headfi already hurt my wallat so much
smily_headphones1.gif

It would really appreciate some professional advice before buying something costing 329 (+ 35 shipping because of europe
tongue.gif
)

One last question : will the sound improve a lot more with the DAC ? thanks all!

May 15, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by quinten7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

Since i've been visiting this forum my listening experience is ever growing
smily_headphones1.gif

But it really need some help. I am thinking of buying a pico amp. My current listening setup is a creative vision m with a sennheiser hd595 and a pa2v2. The improvement with the pa2v2 is already substantial, i really like it, especially since it costs so little.
Will the pico improve my sound alot ? I am a student with not so much money to spend. Headfi already hurt my wallat so much
smily_headphones1.gif

It would really appreciate some professional advice before buying something costing 329 (+ 35 shipping because of europe
tongue.gif
)

One last question : will the sound improve a lot more with the DAC ? thanks all!

Okay, I'll try to tackle all of these questions in one go...at 2 in the morning.
eek.gif

1.) Yes, the Pico is a superb amp by definition and sound, but...
1a.) Its money's worth depends on your source, (arguably) cable, headphones, and quality of your digital songs.
2.) 329 in UK currency, right? Because I know that I'm in the U.S. of A. (well, at least last time I checked I still am), and the total cost came out to over $500.
3.) DAC would mean: Laptop USB port - Pico (DAC) - Headphone

The Pico DAC is highly regarded around here; it is arguably its major selling point. I know there are a few Pico threads (one being a major one in the "Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum"), so search for those, and reading about the Pico will keep you occupied for a night or two.
tongue.gif

Here is the "major" Pico thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/he...thread-258967/

Have fun educating yourself!
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I'll try to tackle all of these questions in one go...at 2 in the morning.
eek.gif

1.) Yes, the Pico is a superb amp by definition and sound, but...
1a.) Its money's worth depends on your source, (arguably) cable, headphones, and quality of your digital songs.
2.) 329 in UK currency, right? Because I know that I'm in the U.S. of A. (well, at least last time I checked I still am), and the total cost came out to over $500.
3.) DAC would mean: Laptop USB port - Pico (DAC) - Headphone

The Pico DAC is highly regarded around here; it is arguably its major selling point. I know there are a few Pico threads (one being a major one in the "Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum"), so search for those, and reading about the Pico will keep you occupied for a night or two.
tongue.gif

Here is the "major" Pico thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/he...thread-258967/

Have fun educating yourself!
biggrin.gif

I had to pay UK customs £45/$90 on top of that lot you quoted just to get my Pico
mad.gif

May 15, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to pay UK customs £45/$90 on top of that lot you quoted just to get my Pico
mad.gif

oh didn't know that there are also addes taxes :s
I was referring to 329 dollars + 35 dollars for sending without dac, wich makes =/- 230 euro's... but with taxes it'll become 285 euro's
frown.gif

May 15, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #8 of 9
Congratulations with the Pico.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back