Pico vs. Voyager
Dec 16, 2007 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

birdie00

New Head-Fier
I am looking to get myself a new portable, and have basically boiled it down to the pico(not sure about dac, but probably yes because if I get it I want to do it right thr first time), and voyager, though I may wait for the new meier move. Now I understand that most people haven't heard both, and it will therefore be hard to get a head to head comparison. I will probably pair it with the w1000, and with a kenwood dap for portable use. I mainly listen to classical music. I really didn't want to spend more than the voyager, but I don't want to later regret not getting the better option.

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 9
If you want any comments of value, then you will have to wait as no one has compared them head to head.

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 9
Well the Move's replacement won't be out until sometime in April. That's a long wait.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 9
and you dont need an amp with the kenwoods

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and you dont need an amp with the kenwoods

Why not?

I thought the move release date was by february.

Also with the voyager already only puuting out analogue does that eliminate the need for a dac?

Also I expect the GBP to have sharp downturn in the near future which will make the voyager a little cheaper, although my wallet is taking a big hit anyways so I guess go for broke!!!

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm anxious to hear how the Voyager stacks up to the pico. The Voyager is amazingly transparent and smooth. When a/b comparing it to a Hornet and D1, the Hornet and D1 with rolled op amps sound almost identical. But when put in comparison with the voyager, even with the contour switch off, those two sound like the gap between something like a GoVibe to a Move. not in ALL aspects but in neutrality and transparency, there's no contest. A PRII is ridiculously transparent but doesn't mate too well with IEMs, but the Voyager does VERY WELL with IEMs. It's aesthetics leave me wanting more, as does it's slightly larger size, but with the sound that comes out of it, it's a no brainer, especially if your portable if of the iMod variant.

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by birdie00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not?

I thought the move release date was by february.

I heard (well, actually I received an e-mail) from Dr. Meier himself directly saying that the new Move will be released in February, so your information is correct.

Considering that Meier Audio always puts out industry topping products every time, it could be a wise move to wait for the new Move (since it would undoubtedly be another fantastic product) and if, by any chance, you do not like it then you could always buy a used Pico or Voyager which will be available by that time at a discount. You can't lose......
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back