Pico- Loose Parts Inside? Confused!
Jul 19, 2008 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tonyfiore75

100+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

Stupid/weird question here. When I have my rig with me and I'm holding it I will sometimes turn it over or whatever. Ya know, HANDLE it. Not forcefully. Just move it. Sometimes as I do so I feel like something slides from one side to the other in my Pico. It's not like small parts that would rattle around, like a screw or a piece of plastic. It's more like something large is moving around in there. Ya know- it's guts. Sometimes I feel it more than other times. It's very odd.

Is this normal? Is it not bolted down in there? Has anyone else noticed anything similar with their Pico or any other amp?

Thanks in advance.

-TF

Jul 19, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #4 of 7
That's right... it's probably the battery detaching itself from the double sided tape.

Jul 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Contacted Justin. He responded right away. He's with you guys. He's willing to bet that it is indeed the battery. This is what he said:

"I'd guarantee this is the battery. I had an issue where a shipment of battery packs were not very flat on the bottom, so the double sided tape I was using to secure the battery to the board did not attach to enough surface area, so I tried hot glue. Even though it felt very secure (could not pull the pack off easily), it seems it didnt last.
This affects a small # of Picos but it's probably yours. I'm now using a very expensive thick double sided tape that works much better."

So I shipped the Pico back to him this morning and hopefully all will be well in Pico Pico land.

As always, thanks for your responses.

-TF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back