Pico has garbled, distored, static Sound
Mar 6, 2009 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Awah

100+ Head-Fier
When attempting to use my Pico /w DAC on my computer the sound is garbled, distorted and static sounding beyond recognition.

The driver installs, says it is working fine. There are no hardware conflicts.

The Pico works beautifully with my laptop.

Using FooBar. Same settings on both computers.

PC XP 32 Bit
Laptop Vista 32 Bit

Can't seem to figure out the cause other than thinking it's the OS, but XP is popular
confused_face_2.gif

OS is updated to the most recent version.

Any ideas would be appreciated
smile_phones.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 20
I still can't figure out what's causing my problem.

I've tried different USB hubs, the mobo the usb hub on the front of my case.
Took out my soundcard, still have the problem.
Driver says its running perfectly, trouble shooting doesn't help.

Still working perfectly with my laptop...

*sigh*

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 20
Hi. Have you tried contacting justin?

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 20
Check out how your sound setup compares in both computers. You might have something going on within the Windows sound setup that is different. I have experienced this everyone in a while with my Lavry and what appears to me to happen is that either an update to my music software of XP does sometime to the setup and I have to play with it to get it back. For me it has had nothing to do with the DAC attached to the computer.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 20
@ Filbert

I've sent him the same message, posted a thread since he's usually very busy. Hoping someone else would be able help
smily_headphones1.gif

@ Uraflit

Tried, problem still exists
frown.gif

@ Slwiser

What exactly would be different?
All sound is messed up, even the boot up sound and clicks -.-
Not sure what software would cause all the output to go wacky, I have no soundcard installed at the moment, and the problem is still there.

The sound is normal through my soundcard, only goes weird when I try to output and listen through the Pico.

Assuming its a driver issue...yet it says its running fine and I have re-installed it more than once.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try on another computer? Check your USB cable?

I agree. Trying another computer will narrow things down.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi. Have you tried contacting justin?

It has nothing to do with Pico as accordingly to OP it works fine on his laptop.
If it's not a faulty usb cable, most likely conflict with another sound device. Try to disable all audio cards and post your foobar settings, do you use upsampling, what is used as output device, try with simple one like DS.

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #11 of 20
@ Gevorg, Brighten

The usb cable I'm using are the ones that came with the Pico, they work fine with my laptop and the other 3 computers in my house.

@ Bojamijams

I unplugged all my usb devices, used an analog mouse and the problem still exists.
When I plug my Pico into my other computers it runs without issue

@ Andrew

My onboard sound isn't installed, my creative audigy 2 soundcard has been removed (Physically removed from my computer) and all its drivers.

Problem still exists.

Not quite sure how to post FB2K settings. I don't use upsampling, it is set at 16-bit.
Output device says USB Audio DAC.
Using Primary Sound Driver causes the same issue...
I tried to follow this guide for setting it up.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ea...torial-402765/

They all have DS: <name>, assume that's what you mean?

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Awah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Gevorg, Brighten

Not quite sure how to post FB2K settings. I don't use upsampling, it is set at 16-bit.
Output device says USB Audio DAC.
Using Primary Sound Driver causes the same issue...
I tried to follow this guide for setting it up.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ea...torial-402765/

They all have DS: <name>, assume that's what you mean?

Note that this is the first time you indicated you are using ASIO4ALL.

I have gotten this when I check hardware buffer in the off line setup for a device. Yes, I know exactly now what you are talking about now. 4ALL in this area says that it may not work. Well it does not on PCM270* devices apparently. Please un-check this and redo your setup in 4ALL. You may have to uninstall it first. I finally simply went with Direct Sound using its hardware option so the windows software does not miss with the signal.

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #13 of 20
I can't seem to set up 4All. :S I can't find a way to open it. Uninstalled and re-installed and it just...doesn't appear.

*sigh*

I'm going to uninstall FB2K and ASIO4All. If they are both gone, then the problem doesn't lie there correct?

Mar 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #14 of 20
check in your menu on windows for a ASIO4ALL off line setup selection and run this. Don't have it working when you check this.

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #15 of 20
All right, I can access ASIO4All now, but I cannot select it in FB2K. :S I just keep finding more and more issues....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back