Pico DAC on SALE at HeadAmp!
Nov 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had an iBasso D10 that didn't really rock my socks off. I sold it and bought the Pico
smily_headphones1.gif

how would you describe the difference in SQ with the two? also where you using default opamps with the D10?
I have the D10 and although I am happy with it I have been considering whether the pico dac/amp would be worth the upgrade.

thanks

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #17 of 23
Nope, I had done some opamp rolling with my D10. I don't remember the opamp name...it'll come to me at 2 in the morning
biggrin.gif

I hadn't let the D10 burn in fully (which is my fault - I'm impatient!), but I found it boring. I found the Pico to be more fun and engaging, but still detailed, and having great bass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how would you describe the difference in SQ with the two? also where you using default opamps with the D10?
I have the D10 and although I am happy with it I have been considering whether the pico dac/amp would be worth the upgrade.

thanks

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, I had done some opamp rolling with my D10. I don't remember the opamp name...it'll come to me at 2 in the morning
biggrin.gif

I hadn't let the D10 burn in fully (which is my fault - I'm impatient!), but I found it boring. I found the Pico to be more fun and engaging, but still detailed, and having great bass.

thanks punkaroo.
yeah i need to look up my email to remember what opamp (topkits) I ordered and am using now
smily_headphones1.gif

i am quite happy with the bass when using the D10 Dac/amp combo but would love to get the same amount when using only as an amp...hence the temptation to try a different amp.

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #20 of 23
Let's see who gets theirs first!

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #21 of 23
I also ordered the DAC, really looking forward to it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back