Pico Charging Question
May 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Michael Jennings

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any way to charge the Pico while traveling abroad? I'll be in Germany for a month and would love to take the amp with me.

Thanks for any information!

Mike

May 12, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 6
why wouldnt you just charge it with the ac adapter and a normal travel adapter?
I'm in Japan, and I charge it without any adapter at all

May 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, should not take too much space to bring the supplied power adapter/charger.
Then a travel adapter if needed.

May 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for both replies. So I can assume that the adapter will accept European current, and I just need a different plug?

May 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 6
The Pico feeds off of a DC current. The purpose of the power adapter is to convert from AC to DC, and the power adapter can be used just about anywhere in the world (100 V - 240 V, 47 Hz - 63 Hz)
If you are using the power adapter that came with the Pico, you have no problems
The plug in Germany is different from in the states, so you will need a simple travel adapter. I was living in Germany last year, so you should definitely try and pick one up in the states instead of waiting till you get there since it could be a pain to try and find one once you get there

May 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 6
yes, the supplied adapter will do fine, the battery charge circuit will just take what it needs, no need to worry about overcharging

Users who are viewing this thread

Back