picking up the new iPod on Friday
Apr 30, 2003 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

stan23

500+ Head-Fier
I'll do a direct comparision and full review next week. Too bad I have to use the provided windows software for music download.. YUCK!!!

I wish I could get it now, but looks like i'll have to wait til Friday.

Apr 30, 2003 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by stan23
I'll do a direct comparision and full review next week. Too bad I have to use the provided windows software for music download.. YUCK!!!

you lucky bitch i hate you

Apr 30, 2003 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

They're making iTunes for windows!

Read up:
The Register
MacMinute
Here, at Fortune
Just wait a little more, believe me, it's well worth the wait, the store and new stuff rocks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 21
why wait? I want the hardware, not the software (itunes) eventually, it will come out and i'll just use it with my new iPod.

I'm thinking of getting the 15GB, because it's thinner. Sure, it will be a step down, from my 20GB, but I don't listen to that much music anyways.

oh btw, i'm planning on going this friday to my local Apple store (Valley Fair Mall in San Jose) and they are giving away free T-shirts for every iPod purchase
cool.gif

Apr 30, 2003 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

why wait? I want the hardware, not the software (itunes) eventually, it will come out and i'll just use it with my new iPod.

I'm thinking of getting the 15GB, because it's thinner. Sure, it will be a step down, from my 20GB, but I don't listen to that much music anyways.

oh btw, i'm planning on going this friday to my local Apple store (Valley Fair Mall in San Jose) and they are giving away free T-shirts for every iPod purchase
cool.gif

I think the 15gb is your best bet, due to some design flaws in the current model, a new generation is due out sooner than this one came, so I'm going to wait this generation out and see what the gen4 iPods have in store for us. (I have a gen2 10gb)

When you do get it, be sure to talk a lot about how cool the backlighting thing is for the buttons, and post some pics of the side with some glare to show off the smooth surface
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 21
sure no problem! i'm always down to take pics..

I guess, i'm just a sucker for new technology
very_evil_smiley.gif

I took this pic of my old 10Gigger

4.jpg

Apr 30, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 21
One thing I really wnated to know is if they improved the chrome back of the iPod to be more scratch-resistant. If the new iPod is thinner, then it deserves to be placed in a pocket, and I'd like to be able to use it without any sleeve or cases.

May 1, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
One thing I really wnated to know is if they improved the chrome back of the iPod to be more scratch-resistant. If the new iPod is thinner, then it deserves to be placed in a pocket, and I'd like to be able to use it without any sleeve or cases.

I think its different now. The back doesnt look as shiny as before.

http://www.apple.com/hardware/galler...l2003_480.html

May 1, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

sure no problem! i'm always down to take pics..

I guess, i'm just a sucker for new technology
very_evil_smiley.gif

I took this pic of my old 10Gigger

*nice image*

WOW!
eek.gif
Nice camera, and a good combo, I've got the same package sitting on my desk
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't wait to see your shots of the new Pod, you'd think I was getting one or something...

I'd better take my anti-upgradeidous medication before this thread pushes me off the deep end
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 1, 2003 at 3:30 AM Post #13 of 21
Hi Stan,

Nice pictures, I'll be getting a 15 GB Ipod as a gift. It seems to be ready to ship tomorrow and arrive on Friday. I hope!!!*Fingers Crossed*

Cheers
Jason

May 1, 2003 at 4:56 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
you lucky bitch i hate you

err...that's not a charitable way of putting it
tongue.gif

at any rate, be sure to tell us all about it. I might get one, just due to its size, I have an Archos and its just too big and heavy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back