Picking the right Dragon (for the GS-1000)
Feb 17, 2007 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

davidross

New Head-Fier
I'm fairly new here though not new to audio or headphones. I was lucky enough to meet Joe Grado at his home several years ago and to be given a wonderful demonstration of binaural recording, smart enough to buy an HP-2 from him the same day (John Grado was busily assembling an HP-1 in the basement when I was there), and stupid enough to sell the HP-2 a couple of years later. I haven't been using headphones much since then (except for Ety-4's on stage or as a studio monitor) but am about to again. Based on many contributions to this site, I'll probably go for a GS-1000 (though I'd happily return to the HP-2 if that were an option) but am thinking of getting a pair cabled with one of the Moon Audio options. Here's where I could use some help: does anyone have experience with both Black Dragon and Silver Dragon mods of the GS-1000? I realize both options have not been available for very long so no one may have a clear sense but I thought I'd ask. Also, although I'm strongly leaning toward the GS, I've also considered the RS-1 and RS-2 and have wondered if $700 is better spent on a stock RS-1 or a BD- or SD-cabled RS-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back