Picking between some headphones - Electronic
Jan 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

imranh101

New Head-Fier
Looking to spend around $200 for some nice circumaural cans.
They have to be CLOSED, COMFORTABLE, and STYLISH.
And have to be great for electronic - mainly mids for synths and good bass, but still i want good highs.
Looking to buy TONIGHT!
I am currently picking between ATH 900s, HFI 780s, and DT 770 Pros...

Favorite looks are the 780s, and I don't know the sound of each.. What do you all think?
I already have a FIIO E11 amp. Portability really isn't a problem because I'll be wearing around my neck a lot of the time.
What pros/cons for each can you give, and which would you think is best for electro including stuff like Deadmau5 and what not to the bass filled stuff like Skrillex and other dubstep?

I would prefer "energetic" headphones that make you wanna jump to "resting" headphones that make you wanna sit back and listen intently.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 19
get the ultrasones for sure. all their headphones are perfect for electronic.

the dt 770 pros are too recessed on the mids and don't have much midbass.

i love ultrasone for electronic. i'm a girl who listens to skrillex and deadmau5 as well. also i like house like avicii and swedish house mafia.

tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 19
How 'bout the MDR-V6 or MDR-7506?

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 19

Quote:
get the ultrasones for sure. all their headphones are perfect for electronic.

the dt 770 pros are too recessed on the mids and don't have much midbass.

i love ultrasone for electronic. i'm a girl who listens to skrillex and deadmau5 as well. also i like house like avicii and swedish house mafia.

tongue.gif

Swedish house mafia is awesome too :) And I DO like the looks of the Ultras! :D

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 19

Quote:
Sorry but looks are an instant turn off for me on those ones. 
I don't need the BEST looking headphones, but if I'm paying a lot, I want to at least enjoy the look of them..
No offense those are just *ugly* TO ME.

OK, but they are touted as some of the best sounding, and they look pretty stylish to me, but then I'm a sucker for the studio monitor look. Have you also considered the AE2, QC15, anything from Koss, or anything from Sennheiser?

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
OK, but they are touted as some of the best sounding, and they look pretty stylish to me, but then I'm a sucker for the studio monitor look. Have you also considered the AE2, QC15, anything from Koss, or anything from Sennheiser?

Not big on Bose due to previous bad experiences, same for Koss, but I'm open to Sennheiser suggestions - just there are so many I'm not sure which ones to pick :p

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
Not big on Bose due to previous bad experiences, same for Koss, but I'm open to Sennheiser suggestions - just there are so many I'm not sure which ones to pick :p

Well, the HD 202 II's and HD 203's from Senn are really good from what I've read, and I test-drove a pair of AE2's (and OE2's for that matter) and liked what I heard and felt. Also, I used to use a pair of UR-40 from Koss with my iPod, which I loved the sound and comfort of, until the plug unfortunately shorted out on me, leading to their untimely death.

Sony's XB series is supposed to be awesome as well.

And kinda debating between getting myself a pair of MDR-V6's and a pair of AE2's for home usage and getting myself a pair of HD 202 II's and MDR-XB300's for portable usage once I get enough dough saved up.

But until then, I'm perfectly happy with the MDR-V150's that I currently use both at home and with my iPod.

Mind if I suggest the MDR-7505, MDR-V700DJ, or MDR-7509HD as well?

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 19
^ ultrasone pwns all those suggestions.

you could also try some dj headphones like the shure srh750dj.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
^ ultrasone pwns all those suggestions.

you could also try some dj headphones like the shure srh750dj.

They even beat the best Grado's?

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #12 of 19
Have you looked at the V-Moda Crossfade LP2?   I listen to a lot of electro and some dubstep and they work well with these types of music. I find them very comfortable and they are build like a tank.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
They even beat the best Grado's?

i was talking about the suggestions that guy made about sony and sennheiser.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
Hmmm, I'm still leaning to the Ultrasones, thanks for all the suggestions though... any particular reason I should NOT get the Ultrasones?

No prob! And whatever you do, STAY THE HECK AWAY from Skullcandy! Seriously Skullcandy's the worst headphone you can get, besides the Apple earbuds.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
i was talking about the suggestions that guy made about sony and sennheiser.

Hey, Sony, Koss, Sennheiser, and as of a few days ago, Bose are my 4 fave headphone brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back