picking between headphones for gaming
Jul 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #16 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobija /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have an onboard sound card, but its HD i think..its called reltek HD audio haha

edit: so should i get a new sound card or new headphones? the problem is if i do the sound card, i will probably need a new power supply for my computer.

Yeah get one of those with EAX, sound blaster Live, can't see the basic models being more than $50 or so, spend the remainder on some cans. If your not using an amp give the 770s a miss.

Jul 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #18 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by steven_1026 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't suggest the Denons for gaming. I have a pair and when I use them to play cs source I find it very hard to locate footsteps with them. What psu do you have btw?

first time ive ever heard that. maybe you eqed the bass too much?

Jul 18, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #19 of 107
Nope, I don't EQ at all. The problem isn't that I can't hear footsteps. It's that the lack of soundstage makes it hard to distinguish multiple footsteps from different directions. Regarding your psu, I have a Xonar DX with a 620W psu and I can't pump the volume to 100%, but I also have my cpu, ram and video card overclocked, so that might be why.

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #20 of 107
What psu? Corsair is good. I have an Antec Earthwatts 650, a 9450 @ 3.2 and a 280 gtx around stock w/ an x-fi titanium. I just use the X-FI as a transport to my receiver though.

Buy a small amp like an XP or Mini3 or Head direct EF-1, DV 336 and a pair of AKG 601s if you really want to hear directional sound. No the bass isn't BOOM but damn do you get a 3d effect.

If you want easy to drive, no need for an amp, get Audio Technica 500s, 700s, 900s.

These provide large sound stages, great directional sound and solid build quality. I know b/c I have tried them all a couple of times. Stax Lambdas are my favorites but that = $500+ range wheras the 601s are at most $350 with an amp and the ATs are $50 or so for the 500s.

Jul 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #22 of 107
bump
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #23 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobija /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i keep getting confused sorry haha. I want over the ear sorry. isnt over the ear circumANAL or something? yeah not on-ear, but over the ear (covering)

it might sound like ass

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #25 of 107
dude, theres not many options to choose from. besides, the ones that you have are great. just read some reviews and compare the headphones you want. check out the ones that already got recommended, the dt770 fits your needs the most though. it's closed, has great bass, is comfy, and is under $150. the 80 ohm version doesn't require an amp, but benefits from one.

Jul 20, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #26 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjekko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, theres not many options to choose from. besides, the ones that you have are great. just read some reviews and compare the headphones you want. check out the ones that already got recommended, the dt770 fits your needs the most though. it's closed, has great bass, is comfy, and is under $150. the 80 ohm version doesn't require an amp, but benefits from one.

where are they $150? do you mean the normal or pro versions? whats difference?

the pros on amazon there $250

Amazon.com: BEYER DYNAMIC DT770-Pro Closed Circumaural Studio Headphones: Electronics

i found them here for $160 but idk what version they are

Beyerdynamic DT770 Closed Back Headphones 250Ω (DT 770) - Professional Stu HiFi Headphones

EDIT; how is the soundstage on this? has any1 used these that have pc gamed (more specifically fps gaming)

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #28 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha 1 Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the bayer u want id the 770 pro 80 ohm the lower ohm the better for your sound card with out a amp.

ok well..whats the difference between pro and regular? the pro looks bigger but maybe better sound..any1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back