picking a portable source for flac
Oct 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Im getting really close to picking up the cowon 32gb J3 from amazon.  They are selling it for 260.00

Do it. The longer you vacillate, the worse it gets in my experience. Please come back and give us your impressions - the J3 is one Cowon that gets a lot of keystrokes. 

Oct 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #18 of 23
I've not read anything bad about the J3. I haven't tried it but it looks better than Cowon's recent releases quite frankly. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #20 of 23
Got my cowon just opened it love the looks of it and the screen.  I bought a couple things for it right away and have to give my recommendation on them. Granted time will tell how they work but first impressions are positive.

Got a realook screen cover which went on easy and has zero effect on the touch screen buttons.

Got a Ringke silicone case which is fantastic fits great and is like a second skin to the cowon.  all the tactile buttons are formed into the case and work flawlessly the combination of the two items looks great and
appears like it will work very well!

Now to put some music on this thing!

Added a bunch of flac albums of different artists.  Sounds great to me.  No complaints so far.

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 23
Is it just me, or was Abi's 'Top 5 DAPs of 2010' kinda lame ? I'm not denying that the J3 was the 'best' in 2010, but the rest of the list seemed more like a 'Who cares ?' than I can recall in several years. Perhaps the days of the dedicated DAP/PMP really are numbered. 

Other than the Clip+, I don't think I'll bother with another consumer-level DAP - just get a cheap Nokia smartphone and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back