Picked up my banana hangers
Mar 7, 2004 at 7:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Jbroad572

500+ Head-Fier
Yea, I know not much use to this post, but I'm excited. I got my hangers from walmart. My gf was at Walmart I said go check for some hangers, she read, "Chrome Banana Hanger". She knew I was looking for them and the exact ones, I said are those the ones?, She said yup, I asked, How many, she said 2. I said great, buy them for me and I'll pick them up later...... "I don't have any money with me, I only brought just enough for my stuff..... No comment. She said, there are other people looking at them right now, I said quick snatch them. all I hear is "excuse me", I jumped in the car and went to Walmart and picked them up. Now one for my 650's and one for my 595's (when they arrive) They were 10.59 for both. Yea, like I said not a very headphone related post, but I'm happy
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 39
Congratulations! I know of other head-fiers that have been to 3 Walmarts on both coasts and couldn't find those. They are available at Linens & Things online, but for more than double the price, + shipping. They might price match though.

Mar 7, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by rsaavedr
Congratulations! I know of other head-fiers that have been to 3 Walmarts on both coasts and couldn't find those. They are available at Target online, but for more than double the price, + shipping. They might price match though.

Link please? I've never been able to find them on Target's site.

Congrats on the find, Jbroad!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 39
Thank you, thank you, thank you. What can I say? It was a very hard and difficult task, but I guess I was just at the right place at the right time with the right girl
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #5 of 39
Coincidentally, I was one of the hapless masses who could find these damn things anywhere from the East to West coasts. I honestly went to 4 Targets and 3 Wal-Marts with no luck. However, I caught another post on Head-Fi and ordered them from Linens-N-Things online (www.lnt.com).

My pair of banana hangers arrived the other day and I picked them up from USPS this AM. I am hanging my HD-650 on one of them right now and pondering using the 2nd one to hold the Blue Dragon cable b/c it is so damn stiff and needs to be kept away from the new puppy in the house.

BTW, they are $10 each at lnt.com -- not a great price when compared to finding them in Wal-Mart or Target, but a steal when compared to the rest of our purchases in the Head-Fi world.
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 8:29 AM Post #7 of 39
I ordered them from Linen n Things. Yes they might have been a $10 bill more expensive, however I sat at home and ordered them on the computer. Better than getting in the car and having to hunt them down.
By the way they are GREAT looking and really work. Maybe Todd and Headroom should start carrying these things (or include them FREE with each headphone order)

Gregg

Mar 7, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #8 of 39
Same here.. in fact, I'm going to take some photos tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

I got mine from lnt.com... couldn't find them at any local Walmart/Target/anywhere else I can think of.

Mar 7, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Yea, like I said not a very headphone related post, but I'm happy

Actually, it it. Once you use one of these things, it's hard to remember how you got along without it. Simple solution to a nagging problem and a perfect fit for the HD650. There are better solutions for Stax and ATs.

BW

Mar 7, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Ward
There are better solutions for Stax and ATs.

Could you let me in on those better solutions? I'm making my own for my 404's, and it should (finally) be ready this week. Kind of, um, "creative", should look and work awesome but I'm open to ideas! The Stax turned out to be just too big (tall) for banana hangers to work on.

Thanks

Mar 7, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 39
I use the stand that came with my Philips HP890s for the RS1s...

Those banana hangers sure look nice though... hmm...

Mar 7, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #12 of 39
does anybody know where i can get one in germany? or some shop that ships to germany for a humane price?

Mar 7, 2004 at 3:42 PM Post #13 of 39
Four Targets here until I could find them. Tags also for "Black Matte Banana Hangers", which I never saw, but sounds interesting.

Mar 7, 2004 at 3:54 PM Post #14 of 39
I forgot that the 595's come with a stand.... Doh!!!! Maybe it won't be as nice and I will need to use this one instead, if not then I'll be giving this one away.

Mar 7, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Snake
Could you let me in on those better solutions? I'm making my own for my 404's, and it should (finally) be ready this week. Kind of, um, "creative", should look and work awesome but I'm open to ideas! The Stax turned out to be just too big (tall) for banana hangers to work on.

The solution I use was suggested by Slunk007 in this thread. As he observed, the towel rack provides support for the A900 "wings," and I picked one up with that in mind. It works equaly well with the Stax because it provides an arched three-point support for the headband. Vertical clearance is more than adequate, and the center of gravity with the Stax in place makes for stability.

Here's the lnt link . A little creativity with dry cleaner plastic and I had a dust cover as well. Beats a hundred bucks for the OEM combo.

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back