Picked up a package from Ultimate Ears today...
Oct 24, 2005 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

JMcMasterJ

500+ Head-Fier
I got my UE-10 pro and my first impression was... my name is spelled wrong on the box! They do look and sound great though and I'll have to spend more time with them to determine if the seal is correct. I'm not sure about the left side and I felt like I had a problem with that side while the impressions were made. I have to go, but I'll write more later and take some pics.

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 20
Write them ASAP. I'm sure they will substitute the box if the misspelled your name.

Oct 24, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 20
Hey, yeah I called them and left a message. It was a little frustrating at first, but now that I am listening to them, I don't really care. They sound perfect and incredible. I am very happy with the sound so far. I am also very happy with how the color turned out. They look really cool. I just took some pictures and they are kind of dark, but the color didn't look right with the flash on. I'll try to take some better pics, but here are some for now.

DSC00313.JPG

DSC00316.JPG

DSC00319.JPG

It should be "Jonathan" not "Johnathan"
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 20
Wow.. the color looks cool. Makes me want to get any pair in the color instead of the clear I got. Nice..

Chris

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 20
What color is that? Is transparent black (smoke) or something?

They look very cool!

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
What color is that? Is transparent black (smoke) or something?

They look very cool!

Yeah they do look a little too dark in those pictures. They are actually a translucent black swirled with Carolina blue. The problem with the pictures I took with the flash is that they made them look a bright blue, which they are not. It is just a light blue and black, which is transparent and looks very nice. The pictures below are better, but they look best in person.

DSC00321.JPG

DSC00320.JPG

DSC00324.JPG

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ
Yeah they do look a little too dark in those pictures. They are actually a translucent black swirled with Carolina blue. The problem with the pictures I took with the flash is that they made them look a bright blue, which they are not. It is just a light blue and black, which is transparent and looks very nice. The pictures below are better, but they look best in person.

Try having a source of light from behind the earpieces. They look great anyway!

Oct 24, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
Try having a source of light from behind the earpieces. They look great anyway!

Ooh, good idea
biggrin.gif

ue-10.JPG

ueleft.JPG

Ok, well I'm done with pictures. I wish I could have a photographer take some.

This is one I took with the flash, but is actually pretty good.

DSC00310.JPG

Oct 24, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #9 of 20
Wow... nice color combo
waytogo.gif
! Congrats, Mr. Joines
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #10 of 20
So Jonathan,

What do you think of the difference between the UE-10s with an amp from a DAP and just from the DAP without an amp.

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 20
WOW that IS a really nice color!!

Curious... when you open/close your mouth and move your jaw from side to side, does it alter the pressure in your ear?

Thats one of the annoying things I find with my e2c.

Garrett

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #14 of 20
No not that I have seen. Sometimes I do that before I seal the UE-10s in so the seal is better. Not sure if it really helps. Anyways I do't find there to be a pressure build up with doing anything.

Lovebell, What I nice pic you use. And to think I just ate..

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #15 of 20
Wow looks really awesome. I bet you ganna have pedestrians stopping you and asking you what that is in your ears from now on.

Also, please let us know about the seal. I am most interested in that. As I stated in my thread, I was not able to get decent seal, but for 4 days, I am finally able to achieve very satisfying seals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back