pick out a portable CD player with MP3 playback for under $50
Jan 12, 2005 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kfh227

100+ Head-Fier
Will go over $50 if there is a reason. Subject pretty much says it all.

Quote:

pick out a portable CD player with MP3 playback for under $50

Jan 13, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 8
Get the Sony DNE-300. It's $60 but the sound more than justifies busting your budget. It plays any cd I throw in the thing.
It doesn't have a line-out, however, but if you're going to connect headphones directly to it, it's what you want.

Jan 14, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog
Get the Sony DNE-300. It's $60 but the sound more than justifies busting your budget. It plays any cd I throw in the thing.
It doesn't have a line-out, however, but if you're going to connect headphones directly to it, it's what you want.

Jsut a quick bump. Do you think it's a good complement to my Senns in my signature? Only want it for work
wink.gif
Mostly for Jazz music.

Jan 14, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 8
Jan 14, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kfh227
Just want to make sure this is it before I pick it up on Friday.

Sony Psyc Walkman Portable CD Player with MP3 Playback - Spark Gray

they have the specs wrong, but upon further research that looks like the right one.

i second the d-ne300--whatever headphones you use you can equalize to get good sound.

Jan 16, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 8
I am not intending on getting one, but these days, what are the high end models? I hope it's not the $120 Sony's that can be found.

I mean, models where the manufacturer truely tries to produce good sound with a well built amplification stage and such. Not the cheap stuff in Sony's.

Before I make the leap to buy that $60 Sony CDP, I was just curious.

Karl

Jan 16, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 8
from what i've read, going to the high end d-nexxx sonys will get you magnesium case, line out but similar headphone out sq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back