Pick me a new DAP
Feb 27, 2008 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RokabillySwagger

100+ Head-Fier
My Archos 604's battery croaked and my 3rd Gen iPod's battery is on its last legs. I don't want to give Archos anymore of my money to replace the battery on a player i'm not in love with so i figure i should start fresh. Right now the Cowon D2 is tempting because of its SDHC slot. Also if its close to the Cowon in sound the new Creative Zen is tempting. So i want Flash, good sound, 32gb or expandable to such levels and under $200.00. Are there any other players with SDHC slots or are these two it? And which is the better player.

I use any one of the following headphones: UM-1's, PX-100's, KSC75 (Krammer mod)

Linux support or the ability to drag and drop as a hard drive is a must.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 7
what type of music do you listen?

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 7
Prog, Metal, Punk, Jazz occasionally, Rock, a lot of stuff really. I would like some sort of adjustable EQ so i can fit the sound to what i need.

Feb 29, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 7
Bumpity Bump

Feb 29, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #5 of 7
The Zen is not drag and drop and does not have native Linux support. I think your major options would be Cowon, the Sony Axxx, or Rockboxing your iPod and replacing the battery.

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zen is not drag and drop and does not have native Linux support. I think your major options would be Cowon, the Sony Axxx, or Rockboxing your iPod and replacing the battery.

It's not UMS Drag & Drop, but it's MTP Drag and Drop, meaning if you have a Windows comp, you'll be fine as far as drag and drop goes.

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 7
I ended up ordering the Cowon D2 and a 16GB SDHC card. I'll bring my impressions when I get to hear it for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back