Photos of Grrr223's Rig
Aug 17, 2001 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

grrr223

All I want for Christmas is Radio Shack Cat.#910-4380
Well guys, as a last hurrah before returning to school, before I lose access to my digital camera and now that I got my stuff from Blr, I thought I'd share with you guys photo's of my rig. All of the headphones and the amp I bought this summer thanks to all of you guys. The rest of the sources and receiver I bought last summer (the Sony 5-disc is actually about 15 years old). So here goes....

My Sources (From Top to Bottom):
Sony STR-DE545 Receiver
Pioneer Elite DV-05 THX Ceritified DVD player
Sony CDP-C500 5 Disc CD changer
Sony CDP-CX450 400 Disc CD Player
Stereo.jpg
Portables.jpg

On the right, I got the Creek OBH-11 from Blr, my PCDP, and the Sennheiser DSP-Pro that I reviewed here

Plugs.jpg
Headphones.jpg

Last but not least, my computer system:
Macintosh Blue and White G3
Altec Lansing ACS-45.1 Speakers
Sony CRX1600L-A2 12x/8x/32x CD-Burner
Computer.jpg

I just got a bunch of this stuff yesterday so I haven't even listened to the Grados or the OBH-11. I'll be posting reviews when I get back to school, it'll give me something to do, and a reasn to come back here. If you'll notice in the plugs pick you'll see I had toget a 110v-220v stepup transformer to use the swedish plug on Blr's OBH-2 Power supply, I hope it works, any suggestions. Pay no attention to the cabels because ijust put this stuff together for the photos before I pack it up, it's normally in a different place, I'll probalby be building the Flexy rack from TNT-audio website.

I would LOVE to hear people's comments/suggestions, this place is awesome, I hope you enjoy my pics.

Aug 17, 2001 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Thanks for sharing
smily_headphones1.gif

That tower of players looks *awefully* close to the edge... I be pretty scare to bump the table and see it fall down on me !
eek.gif

I suggest you better move it inward a little more
smily_headphones1.gif
That is such a scary sight seeing it sooo close to edge of table...
eek.gif

Like I said in that forsale thread, You got one great deal there !
smily_headphones1.gif

Tides

Aug 17, 2001 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 9
Great set-up! My first suggestion would be an outboard dac for those sony CD players. I think you would be suprised at how much that alone would improve the sound of your system... After that, possibly a better amp for the HD600's.

Aug 17, 2001 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 9
no portable headphone amp ?

outboard DACfor home and portable amp for travel and you are there

no wait...MD recorder and stealth mics too for recording stuff and THEN you are there

no wait ...!

never done

nice rig dude

Aug 17, 2001 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 9
Ha ha, thanks for your concern Tides, but it's all in boxes now
frown.gif
. I will be without my speaker setup and anything other than a PCDP until classes actually begin, it's going to be a long 2 weeks. I'll also be without my computer, oh well, I'll live. I just wanted to see who was up, I leave in 12 and a half hours, I should probably start packing now, shouldn't I
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Aug 25, 2001 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 9
School's going well, rush starts tomorrow. I haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to my headphones lately, well... aside from the 6 hour train ride. But I have been able to convince several kids to love them. Every day one of my friends begs me to listen to Metallica on my Grados, and I've been loving listening to classical stuff on my Senns. Talk to all you guys later, have fun doing whatever it is you all do, oh yeah, listen to your headphones.

While I love listening to my headphones, I am still anxiously awaiting my speaker system arriving at school, then I can really blast my music, it'll be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back