Photos from PLASA 2007 (56k warning)
Sep 13, 2007 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shadesbass

100+ Head-Fier
Some photos of my day at the PLASA (Professional Lighting And Sound Association) exhibition yesterday... (Click to enlarge)

Bling Sennheiser HD 25-II's:

Audio Technica Headphone exhibit:

Audio Technica ATH-W1000 headphones (a bit tinny sounding IMHO):

Funktion-One Dance Stack:

Void Air Motion/Paraflex stack:

Midas XL8 Digital mixing console:

iPod jukebox:

Beyerdynamic Headzone (works suprisingly well - watched some Men In Black II with it
smily_headphones1.gif
):

Apparently the consumer version of the Headzone should be out in around 4-6 weeks and cost considerably less than the c.£1500 current version.

I also visited the Void and Funktion One demo rooms, and was blown away by how loud and deep those speakers can go
biggrin.gif
. Both systems delivered amazing clarity and awesome punchy bass (easily reproducing 19Hz - enough to make my jeans and t-shirt flap considerably). The problem is that now I want a couple (well, four) of these in my living room...

Sep 13, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 8
cool
id love a pair of those Funktion-One Dance Stacks, just for looks alone!
thanks for the pics.

Sep 13, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id love a pair of those Funktion-One Dance Stacks, just for looks alone!

I agree, they're pretty awesome looking. They look loud, and sound louder.
icon10.gif

If only hi-fi speakers were as impressive as that, only smaller, so you could actually fit them in a living room.

Sep 13, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Hehe, those Senn's are cool.

Sep 13, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, those Senn's are cool.

Retro-fitted by crystalroc according to the lady I spoke to at the Sennheiser stand. There was also a blinged-up DJ mixer at the show that I didn't bother taking a photo of.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 8
Was Audio Technica marketing headphones or trying to make an abstract expressionists' statement by lynching audiophile Tribbles with scarves?

That's a heck of a display.

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no Martin pics? i just got some info on their new smart mac moving head that i have been dieing for...

basshead.gif

I took a look at the new Martin offerings, but I'm more interested in audio than lighting. I saw a very nice (£43000
eek.gif
) RGB laser on display, and the new Mac did look pretty good, but I didn't get any photos unfortunately. It seems to be between the MiniMac and Mac 250 in terms of physical size and light intensity (closer to the 250 in both respects), but completely silent due to its convection cooling system. Its round base looks very smart IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was Audio Technica marketing headphones or trying to make an abstract expressionists' statement by lynching audiophile Tribbles with scarves?

That's a heck of a display.

I have to admit, it was one of the more weird looking displays at the exhibition. Experiencing the Beyer Headzone was the highlight of my headphone experience though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back