Photography: ND filter vs CPL
Apr 10, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #46 of 52
Yeah, one of the things that I love about my Oly E300 is that most of the oft used controls, ie: flash mode, WB, resolution, Exp, ISO, AF, metering, AEL and focus modes each have their own buttons within easy reach without having to dig thru any menus. Also when in AP or SP modes, it is so easy to change the aperture or shutter speeds on the fly.

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Penut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing my 20d does badly is when there is candles and tugsten lights on the scene

That was one of the first things I tried setting up when I got my 5D....even made it a bit more complex by having the tungsten light in the background. The auto WB wasn't that bad....but for this, I warmed it just a bit, and just slightly went under its metered stop when using flash:

web07.jpg

web08.jpg

Apr 10, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Penut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your picture is warm and oof, but looks nice.

I don't fret about it, here is a picture of me in a phone, booth. There are colour casts, but I think it looks nice.

I did intentionally warm up the top one to give it a glow for the candle: IMO, it's sometimes nice to emphasize the color of the light source. Focusing is the main thing I wasn't getting yet with the DSLR: had only used it for a couple hours, and was coming from a manual SLR (that had a good view screen for manual focusing). There was a lot for me to catch up on!!
icon10.gif
But for the second photo, I did want to keep the focus more on the Guinness
icon10.gif

The good thing about fine art photography is that it's supposed to transcend absolute technical accuracy, but be more expressive. But you can spend hours upon hours just developing one photo
icon10.gif

Yes...the nicest thing about your photo is the composition: love how the perspective is setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back