Photography Enthusiasts, Post Your Best Picture Here !
Jul 9, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #106 of 122
yup so i am in looove with this thread...

IMG_0758.jpg

Jul 9, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #110 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
I don't get it.

thats my tenor sax case and I decorated it, thats all. Sometimes the message is, no message, gibberish, or garbage. The 'messages' are very jumbled. It's open for interpretation.

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #111 of 122
someone can tell how difficult / easy is to start make photos for a life ( as a job ) ?
sorry for the kind of stupid question , I'm just curious about it ( what differentiates one who seek photography for a life and one who do it for personal pleasure )

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #114 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
someone can tell how difficult / easy is to start make photos for a life ( as a job ) ?
sorry for the kind of stupid question , I'm just curious about it ( what differentiates one who seek photography for a life and one who do it for personal pleasure )

If you are talking about the photographers that make a good living selling books it is extremely difficult. News photography is equally as hard to do really well at and it can be extremely dangerous. Just look at the risks they take to get the one unique shot. Today most are highly trained and work very hard at their craft.

Taking wedding photos for a living is also demanding. You give up virtually every weekend and are under extreme pressure to produce high quality pictures every time. You are competing with a highly skilled group for the best jobs and if you don't have an "in" it is tough to break through.

Like most jobs that look good it is 5% glamor and 95% hard work. IMO unless you are willing to devote all to it find something else or you will find yourself taking pictures of kids for almost no money.

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #115 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP88
My favorite shot taken from the Muir Woods main trail. One of my favorite places to visit in the bay area, though it's a tough place to capture well in pictures:
6zou34.jpg

That looks really amazing; straight out of a fairy tale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefinder
Another one:
24692499_e59e379df2_o.jpg

And that one somehow really fascinates me.

Jul 12, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #119 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
Like most jobs that look good it is 5% glamor and 95% hard work. IMO unless you are willing to devote all to it find something else or you will find yourself taking pictures of kids for almost no money.

Actually, if you are good, you can make good money photographing kids... I worked for 4 years at a high end studio that specialized in kids & families and the average order was 4 digits... and this is after a $200 session fee. The photography was first rate, very artistic, and mostly taken outdoors. I agree that it takes time effort and skill but photographing kids doesnt have to be a fall back... Soccer Mom's have checkbooks too...

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jul 12, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #120 of 122
Sorry about the crappy quality, but my scanner is a POS, and I am a all manual / film guy.

Nikon FG, with a few Nikkor lenses.

A nook in downtown Toronto...
corridoroftree9hs.jpg

Some other stuff from a summer up in Deep River, Ont.
pine20point50bd.jpg

(anyone notice were the darn plane flew by?!?!?)
star20trail2020lo20res6yd.jpg

A place in Algonquin park, High Falls:
high20falls29rz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back