Photo section has been corrupted -- you can help.
Aug 4, 2005 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

neil

500+ Head-Fier
During a software upgrade, I managed to kill the photo-post database, as well as the backup that I made just minutes previous. So, rather than busting out into self-deprecating humor, how about this..

If you had an album on the photo section, send me TWO (what you think are) UNIQUE file names that you have uploaded to the database, and I may be able to build that association with your user account album.

In fact, just upload a couple of images NOW that you uploaded in the past, with those same unique filenames.. then send me a PM telling me that you did this. That way, I can see if I can pull up the rest of your photos en masse.

Aug 4, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 20
Aug 4, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #4 of 20
crap.

You've got to be kidding.

For uploading pics, do they need to be in the same category as they were before? I don't remember which ones I put in which category.
confused.gif

Are you going to be able to restore the file directory structure? Because if not, a LOT of older threads are going to have nothing but red "X's"

-Ed

Aug 10, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 20
Unfortunately, there was a problem when Neil upgraded the photo hosting software version, and it appears photos became disassociated with their uploaders/owners. There may be a way to reclaim all of your photos, as I believe all photos were backed up (but, again, lost their association with their uploaders/owners).

Please read this thread:

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130861

We're going to re-visit it this weekend to try to fix it (it has been a busy work week this week, with no signs of let-up), but we will need the help of those who've uploaded photos in the past, to help us try to link up the users with the backed-up photos.

Sorry for the troubles, everyone.

Aug 11, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
Unfortunately, there was a problem when Neil upgraded the photo hosting software version, and it appears photos became disassociated with their uploaders/owners. There may be a way to reclaim all of your photos, as I believe all photos were backed up (but, again, lost their association with their uploaders/owners).

Please read this thread:

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130861

We're going to re-visit it this weekend to try to fix it (it has been a busy work week this week, with no signs of let-up), but we will need the help of those who've uploaded photos in the past, to help us try to link up the users with the backed-up photos.

Sorry for the troubles, everyone.

Dude, what happens if I can't remember the name of the filenames I gave my uploaded pics. Does this mean they are lost forever?

Don't forget Wings are going to the promised lands!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Anyone lose any pictures from the head-Fi photo gallery? Mine seem to be gone. There also seems to be less members and photos listed?

Mitch

All of mine seem to be gone.
I don't have a clue about file names, since my computer went belly up last month and I lost all my photos. I had renamed them for uploading, so my back ups won't help.

Aug 11, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
All of mine seem to be gone.
I don't have a clue about file names, since my computer went belly up last month and I lost all my photos. I had renamed them for uploading, so my back ups won't help.

you got it lucky dude, My photographic memory went pear shaped at the last gasp so I can't remember the filenames I used. Doh!

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #13 of 20
blink.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
In my signature some of the pics I had links to don't work anymore, some others still work.

Strange, I haven't noticed my pics gone "red X" on me. But then again I made my pics really easy to find becuase I put my username in the filenames.

-Ed

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 20
Oh dear, it's all gone and I can't find my Headsave Classic pics anywhere on my HD...
frown.gif

I'm gonna upload two pics now. Will send you a PM afterwards Neil.

-edit-

How can you rename a photo? They're all called the same now.
biggrin.gif
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back