Photo Mp3 Players
Jul 9, 2005 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

liddo

New Head-Fier
I've been researching for mp3 player with usb host capablities [so I can directly transfer photos from my digicam to the player] I don't necessarily need a color screen

so far the few good ones I've found are

Sony VAIO Pocket VGF-AP1L
Samsung YH-925GS

does anyone know of any more of these type of mp3 players?

I was going for the Sony but then I've heard photo transferring from your digicam is half the speed of USB 1.1 :0

I'm not sure about the samsung

comments and recommendations are welcomed
[i will never get an iPod so that's definitely out of the list
biggrin.gif
]

Thanks

Jul 9, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 6

liddo

New Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd
Cowon's iAudio X5, and the International version of iRiver's H300's can work with quite a few cameras

does anyone know of the transfer speeds of Cowon's OTG [files transferred directly to the player]

the iriver is too large for my tastes :|

Jul 9, 2005 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 6

scorpian007

100+ Head-Fier
The Zen Micro Photo is due out in a month or two. It looks bloody awesome

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 6

LFC_SL

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
The Zen Micro Photo is due out in a month or two.

where/when was the press release? anyway still 6 months too late, allowing iPod Photo/Colour to get a head start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
It looks bloody awesome

It'd have to be exactly that to overcome Creative being slower than virtually all rivals in introducing a photo DAP...apart from Sony of course.
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #6 of 6

scorpian007

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
It'd have to be exactly that to overcome Creative being slower than virtually all rivals in introducing a photo DAP...apart from Sony of course.
biggrin.gif

God, I really hope so. But from what I hear, with its OLED screen (kicks ths crap out of LCD) and 262,000 colours, it may have a chance if its priced reasonably. I really hope you can customise the colour themes on the player itself and it would be awesome if you could change the backlight colour. I don't think they need to add anymore features really except for maybe UMS because the original Zen Micro is nearly perfect as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread