Photo Editing Software
Apr 21, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #16 of 19
There is a lot more to the newer Photoshops than the older ones, especially if you are using the rest of the CS suite as you get a lot more capabilities swapping files between them. CS 4 seemed like a strange upgrade since it added video and more 3D work... in a raster image editing program... then again, I'm one of those people "in the industry" so I guess I don't count
frown.gif

Gimp should be fine for most's needs.

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #17 of 19
For simple photo editing (cropping, cut/paste, and such) I find Seashore to be quite nice.
Its GIMP based, and totally free.

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #18 of 19
I use Adobe Lightroom 2 for batch editing. Incredibly useful and versatile when I do photoshoots or event photography, and I need to edit 50 or more pictures in a short period of time, and works effortlessly with Adobe Photoshop CS3 (for even finer tuning).

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #19 of 19
If you use google, gmail and all that I recommend Picassa v3. Best part is that all of my pics are backed up online, plus I can share my albums with anyone I want, they go to the website instead of emailing the individual pics or albums which takes space and slower connections can take a long time to download. If you are editing in RAW or something fancy, you should spend some money.
For my 7.1 megaxpixel Kodak, Picassa 3 works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back