Phones for the gym?
Mar 20, 2006 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been using my MX-550s for the gym, but when I'm sweaty they slip out all the time. What do people recommend for the gym (NOT IEMs)? Functionality is my main concern (i.e. they stay on) but I'd rather spend money on decent sound than something crap.

I was thinking KSC-75s?
What's the consensus (briefly) on KSC-35s v -75s?

Thanks.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 10
Why not IEMs? I've never even considered even small headphones.

You want "briefly"...well , you're at the wrong place
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 10
I've never found my E4 uncomfortable with the foam tips. Even after 3 or 4 hours they are still "invisible".

I used to use modified triple flange and they did tend to "itch" after a while.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #8 of 10
px 100s are good for the gym except that my last two pairs have had problems with the cables (they crapped out) and they are really bad at isolating me from the "THUMP THUMP THUMP" of the crap dance music they play at my gym.
For $100 a month you'd think they'd assume I could afford my own music...

i've been comtemplating buying a pair of sennheiser 25s for the gym, but $200 is a lot of bread when one has a girlfriend and lives in nyc on a public school teacher salary.

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 10
Do not use Stax-003's. I got zapped (a cute little zap, but zapped nonetheless).

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #10 of 10
Just got a AKG K27i for using w/ my iPod Nano at the gym.

It was a good purchase.. and I am very happy with them. I was strongly leaning toward the PX100, and may have got them had they not been in stock. The AKG 27i is a closed phone and provides enough isolation from bad gym music that you can listen to your music without having to crank it too hard.

The bass is superb, and goes quite deep... The highs, never too harsh. Though not the best phone for hi-end dynamics or seperation - it does pack the punch you need to give you energy. It is quite enjoyable to listen too and it won't come off your head.

The inline volume control is a plus to change the volume when you need to - and this can happen especially if you are listening to music from different albums that have been mastered differently.

The AKG K26P is similar. Would also look into the PX200s as they isolate too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back