Phones and Amp (help me make a final decision)
Jan 3, 2005 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

justanotheruser

100+ Head-Fier
poll

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:06 AM Post #2 of 7
tell me if I forgot anything
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanotheruser
tell me if I forgot anything
tongue.gif

Yes, you did.

1/ What front end gears (CD player, etc.) will be hooked up to the setup?
2/ What type(s) of music do you listen to?
3/ What kind of sound (forward, layback, dark, etc.) do you prefer? Please describe in detail.

Jan 3, 2005 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 7
I listen to everything, but mostly electronica, pop, rock, etc.

Source: Delta 44 (line-outs from my computer)

I described what I was looking for in another thread, but it wouldn't let me post a poll there. This should do...

"To further clarify, by body I mean full-sounding. I like airy, in-your-face highs (kinda like what Bose offers, only better, if you know what I mean), and nice, plump, bass. I want something that enhances recordings instead of presenting them as they are...so super-accurate flat response is probably NOT what I'm looking for. I actually prefer if vocals sound full but a bit on the bright side...to make them sound clearer and fuller than they do in real life. Bass can be a little boomy and unclear as long as it doesn't drown out everything else and is impactful but not overly so. I also don't want details in a recording to be presented subtly, which I found the E5s to do...I want the headphones to do the work for me.

Laid-back, relaxed, veiled...those are qualities I'm trying to avoid. That's why I'm not so sure about the Senns. I also don't want my music to sound two-dimensional...a reason the Grados might not work for me."

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 7
post deleted

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanotheruser
Laid-back, relaxed, veiled...those are qualities I'm trying to avoid. That's why I'm not so sure about the Senns. I also don't want my music to sound two-dimensional...a reason the Grados might not work for me."

i have the MS-2 and they are an awesome all round headphone, they have an okay soundstage, but it is enclosed inside the cups, with a decent headphone amp the guitars of iron maiden sound like theyre coming from the edges of the chambers. Female vocals just sound so natural, they sounded pretty good on my JVC Stereo amp but when i got my Creek into the mix they sounded even more natural.

Something MS-2 like with clearer mids and a wider soundstage would be just super cool
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back