Phone/mp3 player?
Jul 18, 2008 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Zero000

New Head-Fier
I currently have a SE W810i and love it a lot (but it does have a terrible hiss), except it's hitting it's prime and I want a new phone/mp3player/ or both. I've been reading around and I hear good things about the D2, but I would really like to keep a phone with mp3 capabilities with 8 gig+. Any recommendations?

I know the iphone is a possibility, but I don't have at&t and I think it will be really troublesome if I try to switch.

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 15
Uhh, music phones are generally not appreciated here (though I get along with my two N95's well enough), but what provider do you plan on using? CDMA/GSM offer different phones.

Jul 18, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 15
i think if you use jailbreak to unlock the phone, there are actually additional features that can be added to the phone...but i could be wrong

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #8 of 15
Man, go iPhone, & jail breaking it just adds functions to it. Get an unlocked model and choose your provider. Sounds like the plan cause no matter what comes out there's no better convergence device available - PERIOD!!! Music, movies, games, calender, browsing the net, GPS - try to top those features w/any other device. My D2 and A829 can't hold a candle to that. The SQ isn't so bad that I'd even think twice about it - the iPhone ROCKS!!! May sound like a kid, but it's a great enough device to make me sound like 1 again!!!

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #10 of 15
The sony Experia1 (don't know if it's released yet) comes within striking range - but the TKO will be given to the iPhone IMO. As close to perfect as your gonna' get right now.

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #11 of 15
I have both the Sony Ericsson w960 and the iPhone and the fact I am in bed typing thisvtrom my iPhone listening to ray lamontagne unamped through Shute se530 says it all for me
W960 for me was only thing that came close and it's so far behind my 3g iPhone is lapping it LOL

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #12 of 15
I'll chime in also. I'm in Hong Kong right now and my iPhone borked out so I went out and bought a Sony Ericsson W760i thinking it'd replace the iPhone as a phone/mp3 player. It does the job but not that well. The software isn't as nice/streamlined as the iPhone's and I get intermittent reboots/cut outs.

Though one nice thing about the W760 and alot of the newer music cell phones is the inclusion of A2DP for bluetooth stereo. Can't believe the iPhones don't have that yet.

Bottom line: I can't wait till I get back to the US to fix my iPhone.

Jul 18, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #13 of 15
be honest tho.... Are there truly any Bluetooth headphones that you would want to listen to over a pair of shures of triple fi's?

Jul 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #14 of 15
Well you can always plug in your headphone of choice to a bluetooth receiver.

Check out the Sony Ericsson DS220, DS205, Sony BT15, etc. I know Nokia and Jabra has their own also. Though I have no first hand experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back