Phone Fi
Sep 17, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #331 of 423
Yeah, I tried that too, and had the same problem (plugging the phone to my Fiio amp).

I recently got the V-moda LP2 (and I use the audio cable, with no remote control), and this one doesn't get disconnected from my phone. I don't know if the headphone jack is different, but I'm glad it works with the LP2 (I bought it as my portable cans).

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #333 of 423
Rooted Samsung Infuse 4G running on Gingerbread.

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #335 of 423
Any thread about buying handphones here? xD

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #337 of 423
Motorola Atrix 4G here.

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #339 of 423
Quote:

I use to have one. Upgraded to my Lumia 900. Wife use to have one. Upgraded to the GSIII, today. How are you liking your Atrix "faux"-G?

I like it alot.  It's actually my first smartphone....and the hardware is much more powerful than, say, my Samsung Galaxy 5.0, so it seems great in comparison.  It's unlocked  so I have it on a pre-paid plan that costs me less than half each month than what my sister pays for her iPhone 4....the only "but" regarding the prepaid plan is a  rather slow data connection. But since I am near wifi most of the time, it's a worthy trade-off to save the cash. 

If I had a day to play with a GSIII or the like, I'm 100% sure I would want to upgrade, but my work situation is such that I don't want to get hooked into a contract, or be on the hook for $100 or more a month either. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #340 of 423
Oct 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #342 of 423
I just got myself a white Nokia Pureview 808 along with a 32GB Sandisk Class10 microsd card, am currently charging the battery while transferring my MP3 collection to it. The microSD is inside the phone, behind the battery, so I decided not to go the lossless route (too much of a hassle to swap cards) and just transcode everything to MP3.

Can anyone recommend me a good call blocking app for this phone? I don't need anything too fancy, and I don't mind a paid app, as long as it reliably blocks numbers that I manually add to a blacklist, as well as block all anonymous calls (i.e. no phone number reported). Thanks in advance!

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #344 of 423
Well after pouring through all the various comments and reviews (and trying to sort between reliable users and useless comments), I got Blacklist Mobile. Seems to do what I want.

Quote:
Can't comment on any apps since I know nothing of Symbian, but I do wonder, how's that camera functionality treatin' ya'?

Well, being spoilt by full frame cameras, my comments are going to be rather biased. :wink:

I haven't played with the camera functionality that much yet. Weather here hasn't been good, so mostly snapshots of family indoors at the mall where I bought the camera. Low light performance seems very good for a camera phone, but no match for DSLR or mirrorless camera. Focusing is a bit iffy on moving subjects (not the running hyperactive kid kind, but the baby sitting still but bobbing forward and back kind), but when the camera nails focus the results are pretty sharp and full of detail.

It's purely a point-and-shoot with very few manual controls though. One annoying bit is the lack of shutter speed control, and in auto-ISO mode the camera tends to favour relatively low speeds (e.g. 1/60s and below) that can result in motion blur from shooting people. Even the automatic "sports" mode doesn't help in this regard (1/50s at ISO320). But for shooting stills, landscapes, etc, it beats most compact cameras in IQ.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #345 of 423
I got a droid 2 which I installed a custom ROM to get the latest build of android and without all the verizon crap plus I can use the wireless hotspot feature without having to pay extra for it which is nice as I still have an unlimited data plan so I could care less about how much data I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back