Phone Fi
Apr 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #319 of 423
After going through a string of 4 Droid X2's, all of which suffered a plague of random restarts and reboots, Warrenty Service at Verizon sent me a Droid 3 instead. I am overjoyed with it, it's really a great phone, although the droid x2 was as well, and my sisters works perfectly. I think I may just be cursed.

Double lucky though, since I read that the Droid 3 is in R&D for ICS, whereas the X2 is not on the list to be looked at for the upgrade.

Also, after some trial and error, Speaktoit Assistant is by far the best virtual voice assistant app I've used on android.

Jul 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #320 of 423
Anyone know how the DAC is on Windows phones?
I was going to stay Team iPhone but it's getting old, I want something fresh. New metro style homescreen is great, and since it looks like Apple is ditching their dock connector, I am going to have to get all new chargers and adapters and what not for all of my speaker equipment.
Does WP7 support FLAC? And how's the DAC?
I can't find anything.

Jul 26, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #323 of 423
Quote:
Anyone know how the DAC is on Windows phones?
I was going to stay Team iPhone but it's getting old, I want something fresh. New metro style homescreen is great, and since it looks like Apple is ditching their dock connector, I am going to have to get all new chargers and adapters and what not for all of my speaker equipment.
Does WP7 support FLAC? And how's the DAC?
I can't find anything.

I think you may need to check out each manufacturer. The OS isn't going to be the determining factor on which DAC is used. I love everything about my Lumia 900. Everything, except the SQ. It's pretty bland. My Rockboxed v2 Fuze sounds better, IMO. But, while on the move, SQ really isn't my top priority. WP7 does not support FLAC I'm afraid. 

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #324 of 423
Sony Xperia S here. Rather happy with it since I upgraded from a HTC Legend. Ofcourse it isn't as fast as the new Samsung Galaxy S3 but that phone is like 250€ more expensive. It outperforms both the Iphone 4 and the Galaxy S2 though, so rather pleased.with it  ^^

Since the ICS update also plays FLAC audio :3

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #325 of 423
Quote:
Sony Xperia S here. Rather happy with it since I upgraded from a HTC Legend. Ofcourse it isn't as fast as the new Samsung Galaxy S3 but that phone is like 250€ more expensive. It outperforms both the Iphone 4 and the Galaxy S2 though, so rather pleased.with it  ^^

Since the ICS update also plays FLAC audio :3

Do you have any problem with the headphone jack on your Xperia S?

I get lots of disconnections while walking (I keep my phone in my pants' front pocket). It's not that the headphone gets totally disconnected from the jack, but just a couple of milimeters, enough to make Poweramp stops.

Never had this problem before, with any of my devices. Maybe it's a faulty jack?

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #327 of 423
Quote:

I get lots of disconnections while walking (I keep my phone in my pants' front pocket). It's not that the headphone gets totally disconnected from the jack, but just a couple of milimeters, enough to make Poweramp stops.

Never had this problem before, with any of my devices. Maybe it's a faulty jack?

My wife's Atrix has that problem all the time.

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #330 of 423
Quote:

Never had the issue, although I mostly hook up my phone to a fiio portable amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back