Phone Fi
Mar 8, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #286 of 423
Smartphones are too dumb for me
rolleyes.gif

Plus the battery life is usually quite poor for my standards; I hate charging a phone every other day - just gets annoying
angry_face.gif

I've had:
  1. HTC HD2
  2. Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
  3. Samsung Galaxy SL

I prefer older phones that are much more reliable in most aspects. I'm not an apps addict, and I don't like any games on smartphones, so I don't mind older phones.
Also I LOVE sliders. Playing with the slider mechanism is more fun than Angry Birds.
ph34r.gif

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #287 of 423

Quote:
Smartphones are too dumb for me
rolleyes.gif

Plus the battery life is usually quite poor for my standards; I hate charging a phone every other day - just gets annoying
angry_face.gif

I've had:
  1. HTC HD2
  2. Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
  3. Samsung Galaxy SL

I prefer older phones that are much more reliable in most aspects. I'm not an apps addict, and I don't like any games on smartphones, so I don't mind older phones.
Also I LOVE sliders. Playing with the slider mechanism is more fun than Angry Birds.
ph34r.gif

Nokia N95?
biggrin.gif

Very reliable and battery lasted 2 to 3 days when I was using it. Camera is pretty good, 5MP with AF, flash, and Carl-Zeiss optics :p

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #288 of 423
Haha at the moment it's a Sony Ericsson Hazel J20i, but I have had the Sony Ericsson Aino before, which is much nicer.
I like phones with batteries that last at least a week lol

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #289 of 423
Quote:
Haha at the moment it's a Sony Ericsson Hazel J20i, but I have had the Sony Ericsson Aino before, which is much nicer.
I like phones with batteries that last at least a week lol

Why didn't you use your Aino? It's nice. One of my friend is still using it and when he bought it I was eyeing hard on that thing but couldn't decide between that or Satio. Eventually I got a Nokia N95 (previously coming from Nokia E71). Sony's build quality is really top notch. Don't know about how their latest phone perform but my brother have had the W810i and it survived lots of drops which is really amazing,

I like phones with long battery life too. It's hard to find one now since most of latest smartphones need to be constantly connected to data service to unleash their full potential.

Anyway, I'm using a Blackberry 9780 at the moment. I really want to use another smartphone, especially Android smartphones. Only if I have a choice...

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #291 of 423

Quote:
keep in mind SIII is coming soon......lets hope it has a wolfson dac

It's already been established awhile ago...
The iPhone 4s uses the same DAC as an iPad 2, not a wolfson. It has been tested and proven to be better than a wolfson. I can't remember the brand, I'm not too good with DACs but I know my iPhone 4s puts out more power than my Dad's iPhone 4, my bro's iPhone 3gs, my iPod touch 3rd gen, my iPod video, and my friend's HTC EVO.

If I had to rank them...
1. iPhone 4s
2. iPhone 4
3. iPod Video
4. iPod touch 3rd gen
5. iPhone 3gs
6. HTC EVO

All the tests were done using either 320 kbps AAC or ALAC, except the tests on my friends EVO used completely uncompressed, downright massive, lossless files from a CD.

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #292 of 423
I can some what contest to the above list. I've noticed that the HP out of my friends iPod Classic is much louder than the HP out of my Atrix. For me, the HP out of my 4th gen. iPod Touch is quite nice. Still, I don't think it's as loud as the Classic. 

On a bit of a side note, I listened to my "iTouch", for about 7 hours straight at work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the batter is still a bit over half full with no charging between days. I love that little thing..

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #295 of 423
A Samsung Galaxy sII

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #299 of 423
I have a certified used Droid X2 on the way soon. Even after a factory reset, mine still has random reboot problems, and updating problems. Customer Service was incredibly kind though, a first for my dealings with verizon. After I told him a factory reset didn't fix the problems, my service rep just got quiet for a moment, and said "ok, we'll get you a new device then". The rest of the conversation was just getting my address.

As a backup phone, I'm considering buying a friend's broken Droid 2 off of them and trying to fix it (it has a broken charger port)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back