Phone Fi
Sep 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #219 of 423

Quote:
I'm at a dilemma. Samsung Galaxy S2 or iPhone 5? Audio quality shouldn't matter as I already have a 3rd gen iPod touch to use as my portable source.

iPhone 5 isn't released yet so we can't compare it yet. Anyway, the S2 is a brilliant mobile phone (everything except for mediocre battery life and audio) and the camera + video quality is astonishing. 

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #220 of 423

Quote:
HTC Sensation.
Great phone!

I've got the sensation too.  Have you seen the Dr. Dre version?  Faster proc. Specialized audio SW and HW.  Dual core 1.5 GHz.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #221 of 423
Folks: i have an iPhone 3GS and despite it has been a truly great performer in the audio area i was thinking in upgrading that smartphone for an HTC Sensation or the upcoming XE (if that Beats things is not the marketing bulls**t i'm afraid it's gonna be...) but i was wondering how would it drive balanced armature iems.

Cause i don't know about the output impedance of the HTC Sensation and HTC won't tell me about it. I would give up the convenience of the iPhone (i.e.Speaker docks) for a bigger screen but only if the headhphone out keeps up with multidriver balanced armature headphones. The RMAA's of GSMarena are driving dynamic headphones so the don't tell a thing about how would the HTC would cope with armatures.

Does the HTC Sensation headphone out keep up with SE530, Westone 4, UM3x... and this kind of iems ?

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #222 of 423
If you want a bigger screen, the iPhone 5 is rumored to have a 4" screen. It's going to be announced in a couple of weeks so I would wait until then to see if it's true.

Quote:
Folks: i have an iPhone 3GS and despite it has been a truly great performer in the audio area i was thinking in upgrading that smartphone for an HTC Sensation or the upcoming XE (if that Beats things is not the marketing bulls**t i'm afraid it's gonna be...) but i was wondering how would it drive balanced armature iems.

Cause i don't know about the output impedance of the HTC Sensation and HTC won't tell me about it. I would give up the convenience of the iPhone (i.e.Speaker docks) for a bigger screen but only if the headhphone out keeps up with multidriver balanced armature headphones. The RMAA's of GSMarena are driving dynamic headphones so the don't tell a thing about how would the HTC would cope with armatures.

Does the HTC Sensation headphone out keep up with SE530, Westone 4, UM3x... and this kind of iems ?

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #224 of 423
Macrumors called it the iPhone 4S and say that it has a small possibility of a larger 4" screen 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back