Phonak PFE Users-Which filter do you use?
Aug 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Yamas

Head-Fier
I mainly stick with gray. I prefer the added clarity it adds and I also think it sounds a bit brighter. Also does anyone know of anyway to clean the filters?

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 13
Plus, even with the black filters, the PFE has tons of analytical and smoothly rendered elongated mid and treble range to satisfy... the added "bass" or "midbass" character the black filters add along with the bass that an amp provides rounds out an excellent scenario for listening with the Phonak Audeo PFE. I highly reccomend careful selection of the tips too... COMPLY P-Series Foam Tips are my selection of choice now... SONY Hybrid Silicone Large second choice, Shure Olive Foam tips third, and Phonak Audeo Silicone Medium or Large tips fourth...

The COMPLY P-Series Tips totally change the personality of the PFE for me tho.

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #4 of 13
I see how you could say it's harsh but I like the more tight bass on it as well. I currently use the medium silicones but maybe I'll have to try those complys. I'm also hoping to pick up an E5 soon as well.

Aug 11, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 13
Grey,has better detail than the black filters.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #9 of 13
Hi everyone, I have some very noobs questions here that hopefully'll be solved: According to your experience: How long will one pair of filter are gonna last? And, is the price of $10 include shipping to the US?

Thanks a ton
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #10 of 13
I mostly use the blacks but I'll use the greys from time to time. I prefer the balanced sound signature more for the music I listen to mostly (trance, dubstep, metal). For classical I switch to the greys though.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone, I have some very noobs questions here that hopefully'll be solved: According to your experience: How long will one pair of filter are gonna last? And, is the price of $10 include shipping to the US?

Thanks a ton
biggrin.gif

I think the filter life will depend on the amount of wax that your ears produce and how often you might switch between black and grey...which could damage them causing them to fail. I haven't had a filter fail once. I've had my PFE replaced twice so I have many extra filters.

I notice that the Audeo link to the right in the sponsor list doesn't work...

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #13 of 13
I used to switch back and forth but I mainly use the black filters now. I like the added bass on the phones and when I'm on the go and don't have perfect isolation the bass and mids are more prominent and less likely to be lost in the confusion from other sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back