Phonak PFE 122 - no sound in left earpiece
Jul 28, 2009 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

akqrate

Head-Fier
EDIT: Posted in wrong forum, please close.

Hey guys

I just got these yesterday after 2 weeks purchased from a seller on ebay.
The moment I got them, for about half an hour they were great. And then for no apparent reason, the left earpiece just cut out. It comes back on if I fiddle with the cable just above the 3.5mm jack. However I really need to hold it there, it's a very small sweetspot or it cuts out.

I've been going back and forth with the seller on these, and he has already refunded me partial payment of USD30 (I bought these for USD120).

He has now agreed to give me a full refund, as he is away finding a job in another state and he cannot offer me the printed receipt that he promised in the sale.

The questions I have, are:
Is it hard to repair the cable yourself?
Is this a common problem with the Phonak Audeo PFEs?

It's just that I am all the way in Australia, so to send back or even claim warranty as a second owner of these headphones would probably present great hassles.

Regards,

Abe (akQrate)

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 2
My phonaks are fine and no it is not a common problem, however if you get a crack in one of your earpieces then you would have a common problem that is pretty much what everyone in the phonak defect thread mentions. You might be able to talk to phonak customer service, they are very helpful. Almost everyone in the defect thread has gotten their phones replaced with no hassle. As a second buyer im not sure how they would work with you but it is definitely worth a shot.

edit: (this thread should really go into the portable headphone section)
Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back