Phonak Audeo?
May 8, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #2,252 of 2,281
As a PFE lover i must tell you i've found a good fullsize equivalent: AD900. I think it's pretty similar to the PFEs soundwise, but it has an amazing soundstage. And it sounds amazing even on my Sansa Clip.

Just updating my impressions about AD900: it's much clearer/brighter than the PFEs now. I don't like it that much this way, and i think my PFEs are on the road to another knockout victory. Geez why is it so complicated to find the same sound in a fullsize headphone... if anyone has an idea about that
smily_headphones1.gif
I want to go unamped.

Updating again: i stopped using pink noise for burn in, my AD900 seems to be balanced again.

May 15, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #2,253 of 2,281
Yep the PFEs would make the perfect headphone. I'm hoping the HD800 will have that same sound with a bigger soundstage.

May 18, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #2,254 of 2,281
I noticed a crack in the casing of the right speaker of my Audeo PFE 112 some weeks after purchase.

Today I gave it back to the retailer for repair.

Hopefully this is going to be a quick one, commuting is a pain without it.
Also I developed a habit of finding blissful sleep while listening to my Sansa clip turned down sensibly.

Cheers

Jun 4, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #2,255 of 2,281
I had trouble with my 122s with iPhone 3G.
The black filter sound was always great for me.
The button only worked when I hit just the right spot rotating it in the jack.
The mic failed on phone calls.
Hearing Planet replaced the set in a couple of days via FedEx.
I just had to send the bare set back, so I kept the filters, case, etc.
Free shipping both ways.
New set works perfectly.

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #2,256 of 2,281
RE: The cable hardening.

For those concerned about the cable hardening issue I got this email from Phonak today.
Quote:

Very sorry about the issues with your PFEs. The new version will be here (in TN) by the end of October.
We'll inform you when they arrive and arrange replacement.
Best regards,
Bill

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #2,257 of 2,281
Nice to hear this! If this new version would be better esp. the cable, then I am rethinking of buying it again. :)

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #2,258 of 2,281
I was always slightly concerned about the cable hardening as i've noticed it getting progressively worse (slowly). but after the length of time that i've had them, i wonder if there would be a swap out option. mine have the cable guides fitted permanently. i've already had to send them for replacement because of the housing crack that many have experienced.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #2,259 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by b_jay_k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was always slightly concerned about the cable hardening as i've noticed it getting progressively worse (slowly). but after the length of time that i've had them, i wonder if there would be a swap out option. mine have the cable guides fitted permanently. i've already had to send them for replacement because of the housing crack that many have experienced.

Does it only affect certain runs of the PFEs? I run with mine all the time, albeit with the earguides attached, and mine haven't cracked.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #2,260 of 2,281
Thanks for the update TJ Max. I'm going to send my cracked pair in when the new version comes out.

Oct 28, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #2,262 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used a cracked pair daily since March, and they're still in one piece. What's the big deal?

if you're happy to live with a defective product then you are a special breed. we pay good money (in some cases, hard earned money) for a product that meets certain specifications and quality standards relevant to the price. just because the housing cracks and fissures don't necessarily degrade audio performance doesn't mean it's not a shortfall on the manufacturers part.
also, there is the possibility that the phones will start falling apart in new ways after the warranty period and for no good reason. like this. of course, these (second pair) are still under warranty but it shows that the materials used in this first incarnation of the PFEs are sub-standard.
Bill has informed me that i will need to wait until the end of november to arrange a replacement from the new stocks that have already been delayed by a couple of months. disappointing. can't fault the level of customer service though.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #2,263 of 2,281
I'm aware of the defective products like yours, i'm just saying everyone's getting a bit paranoid about this crack issue and sends them back to Phonak as soon as they see a tiny crack. Of course it shouldn't happen in the first place, why would i disagree with that? I'm just saying that i've used mine on a regular daily basis and they're not falling apart at all, the crack isn't getting worse. And they're guaranteed 2 years so i'm really not worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back