Phonak Audeo?
Apr 11, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #2,221 of 2,281
I have trouble keeping filter in the nozzle. they fall off easily. With Shure Olive it is trapped in the plastic tube but with T-130, it can fall out from the tip. I worry it might eventually get into my ear if I keep using T-130 which is more comfortable to me. Anyone have solution. I am thinking using T-100 so the smaller tube will prevent lost of filter and potentially have it get into my ear.
any suggestion?

Apr 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #2,222 of 2,281
Hsui: I know the tips don't 'lock' into place as such, but I've removed and swapped the foamies & silicon tips at least a dozen times, and although they get slightly looser, they've never come close to coming off in my ears - you don't really wear the phonaks in as deeply as some IEMs, they sit more towards to outter edge of the ear canal... very comfy if you ask me...

DFKT: yeah, I store all my music on my computer as FLACs, then encode from the FLAC every time using Media Monkey. Its painfully slow, but worth it, as I'm constantly tweaking things and changing my mind!

I suppose there is no golden rule for quality settings, but I think 160 ogg 'feels' a bit too low (listening mostly to alt / indie rock, which can be quite dense and layered) - I think 192 might be the sweet spot, 160 for acoustic / simple music... as a bare minimum, I mean. If I had infinite storage it would be FLACs all the way!

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #2,223 of 2,281
Hey guys i was looking for a step up from my senn hd 202.i've narrowed down to choose between sennheiser cx 550 and these PFE's.can u guys give me your opinions on what to choose.i ve also heard that bass from pfe's aren t upto the senn's level.wat do u guys say abt that?Thanks
normal_smile .gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #2,224 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsvel06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys i was looking for a step up from my senn hd 202.i've narrowed down to choose between sennheiser cx 550 and these PFE's.can u guys give me your opinions on what to choose.i ve also heard that bass from pfe's aren t upto the senn's level.wat do u guys say abt that?Thanks
normal_smile .gif

What they lack in low end, they make up for in mids clarity. I use mine for workouts, casual around-the-house sessions and not critical listening, so I am maybe not the best opiner on this thread for this subject. But I put my Sansa Clip's output into a Fiio E5 and turned on the bass boost...it's PERFECT. Gives the PFEs some low end without distortion. Very nice.

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #2,225 of 2,281
Thanks for the reply dude.I dont use an amp.will tat affect the ppe's performance or can a normal eq tweak improve the sound.And also if u had to choose which one would u pick the cx 550(cx-95's) or the pfe s?

Apr 18, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #2,226 of 2,281
Quote:

Thanks for the reply dude.I dont use an amp.will tat affect the ppe's performance or can a normal eq tweak improve the sound.And also if u had to choose which one would u pick the cx 550(cx-95's) or the pfe s?

...dis r joke, yes?

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #2,228 of 2,281
Quote:

wats funny abt what i asked?

Just a guess here, but I know the Sennheiser CX series don't get too much respect around here. Better than your average lower tier stuff, but pale in comparison to the PFE's.

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #2,231 of 2,281
Anyone want to buy a box of new gray filters? I bought them, but never used them. Only use black. $8 shipped free to CONUS only (Phonak charges $10). International orders have to pay USPS First Class International, which is like $1.50.

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #2,233 of 2,281
Quote:

The PFEs sound fine; they just don't have a lot of low end. EQ would probably do the trick, but they're not going to be bass heavy no matter what you do.

Heh, your last question should be a gimme.
ksc75smile.gif
PFEs all the way.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #2,235 of 2,281
hi tstarn06, i wanna buy your gray filters. how can I PM you? I don't know how to PM someone really. appreciate it if you could help. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back