Phonak Audeo?
Mar 25, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #2,206 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by faranka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh bugger!

I just had a close inspection on my PFE's and found out the left earpiece is cracked. It's not very visible but it's big enough to get me worried. I heard al those reply's about the great costumerservice Phonak has but I bought mine from the German website (horen mit fiebing?). I send them an email with a question about their repairs so I'm waiting for a reply.
Has anyone else had problems with their PFE's from Fiebing? And if so how did they respond?

Cheers,

Frank

Same place where I bought mine.
I've sent them an e-mail today and let you know their reply.

I prefer to direct contact the manufacture instead of the seller, the manufacture usualy has better support.

I was looking for Phonak customer support e-mail address or telephone number, but can't find it in the PFE manual or anywhere else in the product, only their address and website is there.

In the website, I've used in the past their form, to ask if they sell the PFE in my country Portugal and had no reply. The Email: orders@audeo-online.com doesnt sound like support.

Anyone knows if this is the e-mail for customer support?

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #2,208 of 2,281
Well, finally it happened. I broke a filter. A black one. Oddly enough it wasn't the meshy bit in the middle but the outer rim of the meshy bit that came loose. I've changed filters maybe 6 - 8 times now. So just a quick heads up, I was being pretty careful, it can happen easy enough. I mean, they give u spares for this reason...

Only problem is now I have filter 'paranoia' - but not so much a paranoia of breaking them but a paranoia of breaking the filter and not knowing. When I changed from grey - black I noticed they just didn't sound quite right, a bit uncontrolled. As much as I was thinking I should just let sleeping dogs lie, I pulled them out for inspection and there it was. Now everytime something sounds imperfect I automatically think one of the filters isn't fitted correctly or is punctured...

That said, a couple of months on I gotta say I just love these 'phones. Like someone said, its like owning 2 earphones in one. I went back to my SF3s the other day and man, they sounded like an AM radio. Great to here Audeo pay attention to these threads, I mean I basically bought mine on account of how much people at Head-Fi love em (well, most people) and I absolutely agree these are brilliant phones... so keep up the good work Audeo, good customer service + good 'phones = a whole lotta PFEs out in the world...

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #2,211 of 2,281
Bill didn't give any reply to me. Had respond any one?

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #2,213 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by wbrownie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ulyses,

Check you PM. Good news!!!

Bill

Thank you so much Bill. You and Phonak are best.Excellent customer service.
o2smile.gif

Where can I send my broken pair now, Phonak center or Fiebing?

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #2,214 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All these online Flash/Java/etc don't seem too reliable to me, but here's another one that's pretty interesting. Besides testing tones you can create your own Fletcher-Munson equal-loudness contour: Equal loudness contours and audiometry - Test your own hearing

I know this is from a lot of posts ago and this is also sort of off topic but how in the hell is it that I ended up setting high frequencies in this lower than the 1KH mark, I though high frequency was supposed to be hard to hear... is it possible something is wrong with my setup, I will note that my computer is loud and I was unable to use a quiet one for this test.

I have finally finished reading this thread after about 4-5 hours. I am now about 99% sure that I am going to buy these in the next 2 months. That should also be plenty of time to save up some money, also has anyone heard any word on them working on a new version. It appears that this is a very successful product. It looks like I picked the right time to be in the market because the price and performance of this thing looks to be top of the line, just like its sound. Hopefully I will be able to get them and see how they stack up to my DT990s
L3000.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #2,215 of 2,281
No, you are supposed to be able to hear them up to 16khz if you have young ears, a bit less if you have older ears.

Apr 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #2,216 of 2,281
OK, I'm gonna sound like a bit of a philistine here, but although I own a D2, my 8gb Sansa Clip gets used a lot more because I just find it less fiddly and a lot more convenient, I like the sound straight out with no amp / eq etc...

Anyway, I had 256kb OGG files on there, but recently I've reduced them to 160gb OGGs to squeeze on some more songs... so basically, sometimes I really feel I hear the difference with the Phonaks, but sometimes I swear I don't... (atm I use grey filters + foamies, but this changes from time to time)

My question is; what does everyone think is the minimum quality settings for the Phonaks? What do people consider 'transparent' with earphones of this quality?

BTW I encode on the fly from FLACs with mediamonkey, so please don't confuse me as transcoding when I'm encoding, if that makes sense!

Apr 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #2,217 of 2,281
So you didn't convert 256k Vorbis to 160k Vorbis? Good, never convert lossy > lossy.
smily_headphones1.gif

"Transparency" is very much dependent on the material. Some music sounds good at 90kbps VBR, resampled to 32kHz, other stuff really needs 200kbps VBR. Let your ears be the judge, nobody can decide for you what sounds OK for your ears.

Apr 11, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #2,218 of 2,281
would it be correct to say that usually the "busier" the music is, the higher the bitrate needs to be.
i have some cello concertos encoded at 160kbps MP3 VBR V0 and this sounds fine to me. to me its not as engaging as lossless but if you're strapped for storage on the go...
i have loads of psy-trance mostly at lower bitrates that also sounds acceptable.
but when i listen to something like Tool's 10,000 days or steve vai's sound theories, i prefer it to be crystal clear so i can hear all the fine, tucked away details of each instrument.

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #2,220 of 2,281
I have trouble keeping filter in the nozzle. they fall off easily. With Shure Olive it is trapped in the plastic tube but with T-130, it can fall out from the tip. I worry it might eventually get into my ear if I keep using T-130 which is more comfortable to me. Anyone have solution. I am thinking using T-100 so the smaller tube will prevent lost of filter and potentially have it get into my ear.
any suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back