Phonak Audeo?
Mar 25, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #2,191 of 2,281
Yeah, where is a CK10 vs. PFE comparison? :p

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #2,192 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the Black PFE's for about a month and use them daily. No issues yet.

me 2, though the wires around my ears are probably as hard as they can be (which is VERY)

i have a feeling it would just be a matter of time that the wires crack...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #2,193 of 2,281
Oh bugger!

I just had a close inspection on my PFE's and found out the left earpiece is cracked. It's not very visible but it's big enough to get me worried. I heard al those reply's about the great costumerservice Phonak has but I bought mine from the German website (horen mit fiebing?). I send them an email with a question about their repairs so I'm waiting for a reply.
Has anyone else had problems with their PFE's from Fiebing? And if so how did they respond?

Cheers,

Frank

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #2,195 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a known fact I love the PFE sound, and I have been lucky with my white pair (nary a crack), but it seems time that Phonak step up and maybe recall these black phones, or something. I feel sorry for the folks who bought them overseas. Has Phonak officially admitted there is a QC issue, etc.? Have they investigated the issue, and are replacements holding up? Is Mr. Brown reading this thread? Just curious if the replacement PFEs are staying in one piece. Anyone have two fail (via the infamous cracking?).

Everyone,

We are indeed following these posts (thread subscription is a nice thing!).

Thanks for all your posts regarding the Audeo PFE!! We are really overwhelmed with the positive response.

With regard to defects, please remember that the Audeo PFE does have a 2 year warranty. Of the thousands of PFEs in use, the defect return rate remains very, very small. We will continue to replace any defective phones as buyers have issues.

We have been very liberal with our return/replacement policies and we intend to continue to focus on providing the best customer service possible.

If you have specific questions or concerns, please send me a PM.

Bill

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #2,196 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have crak too and also mine is from germany. Can you Frank tell me what they sey to you, after you get respond?
Thanks

I see that a lot of the cracked phones were bought from the German site. Could they have a bunch of bad batches maybe? I'm just wondering.

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #2,197 of 2,281
My right earpiece seems to have a lower volume than the left.

Is it an ear problem or could there be some sort of channel imbalance on the phones? or is it placebo?

How could I confirm this?

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #2,198 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhangam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it an ear problem or could there be some sort of channel imbalance on the phones?

Maybe you could have your friend, a family member or coworker have a listen to your pair and see if they experience the same. If they do, the problem will be much more obvious then.

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #2,199 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you could have your friend, a family member or coworker have a listen to your pair and see if they experience the same. If they do, the problem will be much more obvious then.

Good idea, I'm meeting some friends day after, I'll take the pair along
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #2,200 of 2,281
well, i will have to admit that the audio technica ck10 is an absolute favourite of mine. it has the accuracy of the pfe or er4s series but stomps all over both for comfort and a spacious sound stage. of course, construction quality is not even a discussion point as they are phenomenal compared to both.

downsides: the sound tube is short and non-flanged so some foamies don't stay on as well and like the er4s and phonak models, bass is more subdued compared to other dual armature models.

if i can, ill get a review up of the ck10 to tma, but there is one here already, just search review ck10. i have never used a better armature phone as an all-inclusive package.

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #2,201 of 2,281
Phonak has great customer service. This is their first IEM attempt, and the number of issues is indeed small, so I don't any red flags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhangam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it an ear problem or could there be some sort of channel imbalance on the phones? or is it placebo?

Most recordings seem to have more volume in the left channel give or take, but I experience this on many different rigs where the singer and guitar seem to be shifted to the left. If I play white noise, this isn't the case, so I don't think it's my hearing.

Unless it is a very strong difference, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, not all headphones are the exact same volume. Look at Grado, only the higher end phones match while the lower end have a slight volume difference.

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #2,202 of 2,281
Excellent Bill, thanks. Guess there was a small batch of stinkers. Weird how that one German vendor seems to be selling the most "cracked" PFEs. At least based on the HF feedback. And so far, haven't seen one white pair with that issue. As I noted, mine are the same as the day I bought them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbrownie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone,

We are indeed following these posts (thread subscription is a nice thing!).

Thanks for all your posts regarding the Audeo PFE!! We are really overwhelmed with the positive response.

With regard to defects, please remember that the Audeo PFE does have a 2 year warranty. Of the thousands of PFEs in use, the defect return rate remains very, very small. We will continue to replace any defective phones as buyers have issues.

We have been very liberal with our return/replacement policies and we intend to continue to focus on providing the best customer service possible.

If you have specific questions or concerns, please send me a PM.

Bill

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #2,204 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by faranka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh bugger!

I just had a close inspection on my PFE's and found out the left earpiece is cracked. It's not very visible but it's big enough to get me worried. I heard al those reply's about the great costumerservice Phonak has but I bought mine from the German website (horen mit fiebing?). I send them an email with a question about their repairs so I'm waiting for a reply.
Has anyone else had problems with their PFE's from Fiebing? And if so how did they respond?

Cheers,

Frank

I had. But German site gave me a negative reply. So I sent message to Bill and he said, he will inform Phonak center. I am waiting for some feedback now.

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #2,205 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had. But German site gave me a negative reply. So I sent message to Bill and he said, he will inform Phonak center. I am waiting for some feedback now.

mmm doesn't sound good, considering I bought the PFEs from Fiebing as well... Hope mine don't crack. On a sidenote, I think it's quite preposterous that a Swiss company offers better customer service in the USA than Europe, they should be on par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back