Phonak Audeo?
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #2,102 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, I didn't think that thread was going to go anywhere.... 2 days and 14 pages later-....

Just skimming the thread, I'm surprised to see some SE530 love. I thought PFE owners would completely overtake that thread.

Wrong thread, but I should mention your free IE8 bi-flange tips went out in the mail on Thursday.

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #2,103 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong thread, but I should mention your free IE8 bi-flange tips went out in the mail on Thursday.

Thank you very much. I seriously, sincerely appreciate it.

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #2,104 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel your pain brother. Mine wasnt DOA, but after about 2 days of listening bliss, & after I fell in love with them, my left monitor also bit the dust (why is it always the left one?). Anyway, I'd have to agree w/ the QC issue, but hopefully, they'll get it improved. It's a shame something w/ that great of a sound has these issues.

I think I'm gonna give the ER4-P's a go. I've never had a pair of ety's, but I'm really after some highly detailed sound.

If you found the PFEs comfortable, get ready for some head-stuffing with the Etys. They are what they are (I owned them), but what they aren't for most users is comfortable.

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #2,105 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel your pain brother. Mine wasnt DOA, but after about 2 days of listening bliss, & after I fell in love with them, my left monitor also bit the dust (why is it always the left one?). Anyway, I'd have to agree w/ the QC issue, but hopefully, they'll get it improved. It's a shame something w/ that great of a sound has these issues.

I think I'm gonna give the ER4-P's a go. I've never had a pair of ety's, but I'm really after some highly detailed sound.

Even though the ER4 has a fairly deep fit I find them to be very comfortable, never an issue and I've worn them for up to 8 hours with ease using the stock foam tips.

Highly detailed sound is what you'll get as I'm sure you know by now...no shortage of reading info here on the ER4 topic. Just a reminder, don't forget to try them with +75 Ohms.

@ Ron, I'm sorry to read about your bad experience. I'm patiently waiting for my Phonak dealer to get on the ball and allow me to send in my defective PFE. They have the left side crack which hasn't opened up into a hole yet...which is why I'm not getting bent out of shape with my 2 week+ wait for action.

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #2,106 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though the ER4 has a fairly deep fit I find them to be very comfortable, never an issue and I've worn them for up to 8 hours with ease using the stock foam tips.

Highly detailed sound is what you'll get as I'm sure you know by now...no shortage of reading info here on the ER4 topic. Just a reminder, don't forget to try them with +75 Ohms.

@ Ron, I'm sorry to read about your bad experience. I'm patiently waiting for my Phonak dealer to get on the ball and allow me to send in my defective PFE. They have the left side crack which hasn't opened up into a hole yet...which is why I'm not getting bent out of shape with my 2 week+ wait for action.

For me, the tri-flanges and the large foamies never were comfortable (small ears I guess), and the small flanges were too small and uncomfy. I finally used Comply tips, which were not bad. But I also didn't care for them sticking out the side of my head. Not sure how long the PFE filters will last without a change, but the Ety filters, for some weird reason, needed replacing more than I expected.

I had the 75ohm cable, to make them the ER4S (which did sound excellent with the Minibox), but just grew tired of the analytic sound. Of course, in those days, one IEM was enough. So I sold them for the Atrios (quite a jump).

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #2,107 of 2,281
I'm getting a replacement for mine too
mad.gif

I noticed the sound started to veer over to the left, so I changed the filters to make sure it wasn't anything to do with that, but it wasn't. The sound is still totally unbalanced. And now I'm wondering about the fact I needed to have the iPod Touch volume set to almost maximum, just like ihatepopupads did.

I know his ones were faulty, and that his second pair play 'louder' - so I'm 'hoping' mine may have been faulty to begin with. I don't want to make a final decision about them until I'm sure I've heard a pair in full working condition.

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #2,108 of 2,281
Quote:

Really?...

...To be honest, I really can't remember seeing anyone say they don't like them.... I remember people saying they prefer the sound of other earphones over them, but not flat-out disliking them. Maybe I missed reading those comments....

they comparing with W3 and IE8... not fair..
mad.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #2,109 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting a replacement for mine too
mad.gif

I noticed the sound started to veer over to the left, so I changed the filters to make sure it wasn't anything to do with that, but it wasn't. The sound is still totally unbalanced. And now I'm wondering about the fact I needed to have the iPod Touch volume set to almost maximum, just like ihatepopupads did.

I know his ones were faulty, and that his second pair play 'louder' - so I'm 'hoping' mine may have been faulty to begin with. I don't want to make a final decision about them until I'm sure I've heard a pair in full working condition.

I've always had some issues with volume (own the white ones), and the Touch is the best on that front. But if there is an imbalance, that's a different story for sure. Try taking the filters out and see if the balance is bad, that would really nail it.

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #2,110 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they comparing with W3 and IE8... not fair..
mad.gif

Well, some Phonak owners had that coming by saying the PFEs were better than the Westone 3, IE8, SE530, etc. in the first place. I can't comment whether they are or not, but some people were eventually going to disagree... strongly.

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #2,111 of 2,281
Quote:

Well, some Phonak owners had that coming by saying the PFEs were better than the Westone 3, IE8, SE530, etc. in the first place. I can't comment whether they are or not, but some people were eventually going to disagree... strongly.

Early on, I did state a preference for the PFEs over the W3s, but didn't say they were better. Now, I have found tips that make the W3s sound great via the HP out. But I still find the PFEs up on that level when amped properly. But via HP out, the W3s and the IE8s outperform the PFEs in my view.

Mar 14, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #2,113 of 2,281
Here is my current setup
smily_headphones1.gif

Notice the PFE's plug. It is a RJ-45 CAT6 cable, to enhance the stress relief and make it long lasting.

bakhtiar-albums-phonak-audeo-pfe-picture2159-phonak-audeo-pfe-ibasso-d10.jpeg

Mar 14, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #2,114 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me it's not worth posting there... I like both. However the PFE work with anything, in my opinion, and the SE530 need a lot of... persuasion.

You are a rather schrewd hepcat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back