Phonak Audeo?
Feb 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #1,846 of 2,281
Looks fine to me.
PFE 112 Black.
Ordered from Phonak Audeo Asia-Hub, Singapore.
Received : Feb 12, 2009

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #1,849 of 2,281
None on mine.

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #1,850 of 2,281
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #1,851 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt (or someone who did the T4-mod): I was just wondering, but doesn't the T4 distort with that huge bass boost? I also have another question about the T4-mod: I've seen the picture of the T4-mod in dfkt's signature. Instead of using copper, isn't it easier to use solder to connect them?

I do not really fear soldering, but the solder joints are really small.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I guess a big drop of solder would work too... the contacts are only ~1mm apart. You can also 'tune' the bass boost by using different impedance resistors instead of bridging.

Here's some measurements of the mod:
iBasso T4 - Mod vs Original
iBasso T4 - Mod vs Original - Bass Boost

Even if THD and IMD get a bit worse on paper with the mod it certainly sound better for my needs (between the Cowon O2 and Shure SE530). No hiss, and a noticeable bass boost. Here's some other amps in comparison - better in some aspects, but worse in others than my modded T4.

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #1,852 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone with the black PFEs should check the left phone to see if there is a small crack in the plastic. See the end of this thread or the Team Phonak page for more details. Could be a manufacturing defect, but Phonak is responding quickly. Just check, cause it may not be all of them (or the white ones at all).

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...phonak-411649/

Phonak is taking a look at this issue. In the meantime, if anyone has any issues whatsoever, we will replace under warranty. Just contact your original place of purchase first. If you get any push back, shoot me a PM and we'll take care of it.

Bill

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #1,853 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regime|Life /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a huge fan of the foam ones, I like the silicon ones more. For whatever reason the silicon ones provide a tighter seal.

I noticed the comply tips actually provide almost no seal at all. The Silicon does, just not as much as other IEMs.

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #1,855 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by wbrownie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Phonak is taking a look at this issue. In the meantime, if anyone has any issues whatsoever, we will replace under warranty. Just contact your original place of purchase first. If you get any push back, shoot me a PM and we'll take care of it.

Bill

Thanks Bill!

Phonak got the sound right. That's more than I can say about most IEMs out there. The other stuff will get refined in time I'm sure.

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #1,856 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See what you mean, but I usually reach for the W3s not the X10s any more. To be honest, my listening is now divided between the W3s, the PFEs and even the Turbines, with IE8s is on the way. I am officially nuts.

So you've decided to try the IE8s? I'm interested in your comparison of the PFEs and IE8s. As you know, I canceled my IE8 order and I'm trying to be happy with the PFEs, which isn't hard now that I've paired them with the E5. Its bass boost is just about perfect to me.

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #1,857 of 2,281
Is there anybody selling only the Phonak silicon ear guides in Europe (Italy)?
I'm interested in buying a pair for my Shure se530, i know they fit well, but i can't find a seller, they only sell the complete Phoank IEMs package.

Who can help me?

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #1,858 of 2,281
ask the sellers who sell phonak iem's. if they managed to buy iem stock to sell, they can probably buy the accessories to sell to you as well

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #1,859 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ask the sellers who sell phonak iem's. if they managed to buy iem stock to sell, they can probably buy the accessories to sell to you as well

Thank you.
I asked directly to Phoank and they suggested 2 or 3 sellers, i contacted the sellers, but they seem to have no accessories at the time, only the complete package.
So if somebody here who bought only the silicon guides or a replacement pair can help me, i'll be glad.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #1,860 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Phonak certainly made a bad choice by packing this size of Comply tips with the PFE. They seem to be too small for the majority of people out there. One size larger would have been a way better decision.

Agree 100 percent. The large T130s are perfect for me. The mediums not bad, but they just didn't feel snug enough. If you are reading this Bill, something to pass along to Phonak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back